Turnover - Peripheral Vision

I've still never listened to much pre-PV material of theirs. I know it's more pop-punk, worth a listen?

It's definitely different. As you said more pop-punk. I'm not a huge pop-punk fan at all, I kind of hate the genre honestly. But damn, even their pop-punk album (Magnolia) is great. Enough for me to buy a physical copy. I would go for the bundle. I don't know about anything before that.

I've still never listened to much pre-PV material of theirs. I know it's more pop-punk, worth a listen?

I though Magnolia was a snooze fest besides a few songs. Pre Magnolia is pop punk. I used to really like it but not really my thing anymore. PV was clearly a huge step forward for them.

I though Magnolia was a snooze fest besides a few songs. Pre Magnolia is pop punk. I used to really like it but not really my thing anymore. PV was clearly a huge step forward for them.

I always enjoyed Magnolia, but PV definitely blows it out of the water and was a step in the right direction. Glad they didn't get sucked into the pop-punk vortex that some bands get caught in.

I'm in the same boat as you though, their S/T just isn't my thing anymore either. I've been tossing around the idea of unloading my 7" collection of theirs, mainly just to free up some space.

Fourth press is up. The mockup looks dope.

Also, RFC has a bundle for the new pressings of PV and Magnolia for $26 for a limited time.

I'm just discovering this album...thoughts on picking up the fourth press vs the UO blue exclusive? I imagine buying through Run for Cover means more money for the band, right?

Honestly, if you're buying the LP don't stress about where you're getting it from. Buying it at Urban helps us because if our stuff keeps selling they will keep carrying it and gives our bands a much larger reach around the country.  Like I said before, getting records in Urban is HARD. On the other side of that, we do make more money on direct sales. 

In short, as long as you're purchasing a copy you don't need to worry too much about where it's coming from. 

Honestly, if you're buying the LP don't stress about where you're getting it from. Buying it at Urban helps us because if our stuff keeps selling they will keep carrying it and gives our bands a much larger reach around the country.  Like I said before, getting records in Urban is HARD. On the other side of that, we do make more money on direct sales. 

In short, as long as you're purchasing a copy you don't need to worry too much about where it's coming from. 

Thanks for this! I will definitely be picking up a copy in the next couple of days either way.

Honestly, if you're buying the LP don't stress about where you're getting it from. Buying it at Urban helps us because if our stuff keeps selling they will keep carrying it and gives our bands a much larger reach around the country. Like I said before, getting records in Urban is HARD. On the other side of that, we do make more money on direct sales.

You said "reach around".

But seriously this record is perfect.

My album of the year.

Thanks for putting it out.

Buy this if you haven't, people.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...