Denon DP300F - good news / bad news

I really like this record player and I have it connected to a Sonos amp and Wharfedale diamond 10.1 speakers. 

I really like the auto play and return functionality as with small kids I often have to get up and take care of them and walk away from it fairly often. With the Sonos system it is set to play the record for all locations that are in the current group, the current group is almost always the whole house. 

However, my daughter also likes it and may or may not have dropped the needle on the rubber mat. So I fixed this issue by putting an old record from my wife when she was a kid that has old mcdonald, oh susanna, hokey pokey, etc. So now my daughter loves to play records by going into the room and hitting the play button and having it play throughout the house. She also gets excited and starts dancing and jumping around and thus causing the needle to jump. 

Any time we are listening to our own music through the Sonos system that my daughter thinks is lame, she will start up Old Mcdonald. 

Good - Daughter is enjoying records and thinks they are cool and showing her appreciation and love of music. 

Bad - Annoying kid changes my pandora music all the time, and causes the needle to jump. 

So all in all.....cool starry bra

yea, I am not one of those parents that get mad at kids for doing kid things. 

The needle jumping is more of my daughter presses the button and immediately starts running and jumping around right next to where the TT is. Not much a fault of the TT. Maybe I could take the feet off and see if it helps. 

I created this thread to show parents that the turntable is simple enough for kids to use and that is both a + and -. 

How would removing the feet help isolate the TT better?

It seems that would have the opposite effect but if it works lemme know. 

It will make things a lot worse, it's an unsprung turntable with a low quality arm and cheap plastic chassis so you need to add isolation.

Cut two tennis balls in half so you get 4 halves and sit it on them.

Yeah dont listen to me, I already did it. The OEM feet are way to jiggly. If the turntable is on a rigid platform, removing the feet will help.

Its 1 phillips screw per foot. Doesnt hurt to try and see for yourself

You must have a very solid or concrete floor that does not move at all and the turntable must be on a very solid shelf for this to work.

They put isolation feet on these things because most people have board or plank floors that transmit the vibrations straight to the turntable when people jump about or dance and in the worst cases just walking past can cause problems. The half tennis ball trick is a very old one that has been used for many many years.

I love my DP-300F. Works flawlessly.

You have a problem with it skipping from vibrations?

I also love this turntable. Sounds great with an Ortofon 2M Red. The automatic features are really useful.

I recently had to adjust both the 33 and 45 speed on the motor to be spot on.

There was also a "squeaky" sound when the platter started spinning but I found that droping a small bit of oil on the center shaft corrected this minor issue.

For the vibration issue, I used to have a few skipping problems at high volume so you can try rubber feets with a sticky side. I use those for computers and also put them under my speakers and no more skipping since. 

Enjoy!

• 4 weeks later...

This was my first turntable 5 years ago when i got into vinyl. Fine for a starter table, but all in all not a very good table. The plastic plinth, thin platter (no wonder it skips easy) and cheap arm are all terrible. I've had about 8 different turntables since and they all were major improvements, starting with a second hand JVC QL -7. I now own a Thorens TD160B with SME arm and that cost me less than the DP300-F.