Ryam Adams - PAX AM Records

Lost Highway must have been sitting on a ton of NOS or taken back a bunch from distributors with all these copies from 2008 surfacing...

Are they from 2008 or just represses of those records. I can imagine Universal just getting lazy and ordering represses of whatever United had already cut.

Are they from 2008 or just represses of those records. I can imagine Universal just getting lazy and ordering represses of whatever United had already cut.

The guy who runs my local place is a total Ryan Adams fanboy so he ALWAYS has anything the guy puts out, so when all these started showing up online he got them at his shop as well. I picked up a copy of 29, and it had all the matching matrix numbers and all from the other '08 pressings, and from experience they usually have the newest date/original date of release on the jacket or album somewhere, but these just have the 2008 date on them. I mentioned the NOS idea to him, and he added in that sometimes labels will buy back piles of unsold vinyl from distributors and just sell it directly. Guess it clears room for them to stock new stuff or perhaps they trade out older releases that are just taking up warehouse space.

he WILL release tswifts covers. Selling it? i doubt it. I'd be shocked if he sold it since he would be afraid of the backlash from fans saying he's cashing in on the top selling album of the last year by re-recording it. 

i think he'll drop a download link on his website and let anyone grab it. MAYBE in the future a vinyl release but i'm sure he'll see how people respond to the free digital release. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I cant imagine he will do a physical version now. If it is coming out digitally on Monday, and he just finished recording it around a month ago we would still be looking at 5 months til it could come out on vinyl. I'd think that if it was coming out physically he would have it happen at the same time, and not so far apart.