Ryam Adams - PAX AM Records

thanks for th epost on JCN. Now all ill be missing LP wise is Love is hell, III/IV, and rock n roll and i guess that orion record. Did anyone here buy that? I remember the listening to the mp3's or something, but i dont recall if its worth dropping coin on to purchase a copy.

Why not III/IV? Was it numbered or something?

I had a vague recollection that it was a one-and-done thing. However, I just did an email search, found the original preorder email, and it doesn't say anything about that. So... fingers crossed, Ryan will realize that he could make a stack of cash, and it'll be reissued.

thanks for th epost on JCN. Now all ill be missing LP wise is Love is hell, III/IV, and rock n roll and i guess that orion record. Did anyone here buy that? I remember the listening to the mp3's or something, but i dont recall if its worth dropping coin on to purchase a copy.

I would argue that Orion is simply for the completist. Never really got into the record, but glad I have it. Others may certainly disagree.

It's certainly not as good as some of this other genre-jumping releases, such as 1984, which I would generally say that most people really dig (and right fully so).

I'll probably pick one up eventually for the sake of completing my collection, but definately not my favorite work of his.

yes, i picked up the original Orion LP release (clear vinyl, shiny jacket). Its an amazingly stupid fun record. If you don't take it seriously and half-way like heavy metal then you might enjoy it. I've enjoyed pretty much everything Ryan has put out. I'll even listen to his This is Shit cassette from time to time.... which is indeed, shit music lol. 

I had a vague recollection that it was a one-and-done thing. However, I just did an email search, found the original preorder email, and it doesn't say anything about that. So... fingers crossed, Ryan will realize that he could make a stack of cash, and it'll be reissued.

In 2010 before records were selling how they are now, "one and done" would make sense, but today it'd be really stupid to stand by that since the market changed. I also think AI by Thrice will eventialy get a 2LP repress. That being said, Ryan may sit on it for a while because I'm sure he isn't exactly hurting for cash and I think I saw him bitching about not liking the stuff he did with the Cardinals (though my personal bet would be he has a beef with someone who's getting paid off the sales because I think it's some of his better work)

yes, i picked up the original Orion LP release (clear vinyl, shiny jacket). Its an amazingly stupid fun record. If you don't take it seriously and half-way like heavy metal then you might enjoy it. I've enjoyed pretty much everything Ryan has put out. I'll even listen to his This is Shit cassette from time to time.... which is indeed, shit music lol.

I need those tapes eventually. Solo/Cards/Whiskeytown have been my first priorities in purchacing though because that's the stuff I'd actually listen to frequently.

Just gonna throw this out there. I have Pink Magic & Sad American Mythology (signed), used copy of Rock N Roll (face cover) and a sealed copy of III/IV. Willing to trade all of it for the Whiskytown Angels Ep. Email me: [email protected] if you're interested

I don't have it, but I'm just curious, what makes that particular EP so coveted?

I don't have it, but I'm just curious, what makes that particular EP so coveted?

It's just one piece that's missing in my whiskeytown collection that I personally would love to own. One went on eBay for $60 the other night. I was asleep when it all went down. I was told it wasn't even up for 15 mins.

It's just one piece that's missing in my whiskeytown collection that I personally would love to own. One went on eBay for $60 the other night. I was asleep when it all went down. I was told it wasn't even up for 15 mins.

Cool. I do love Whiskeytown - possibly more than most solo RA stuff.

bullmoose has the cassette up on their site under "collectable vinyl." Its on the second page, or at least it was.

EDIT: It was $8.98 for a while but now appears to be $11.98, so after shipping I guess it would come out to about the same.

Seems crazy for a cassette tape to be, but to each their own.

And for some reason I cant post the link, but if you search for it on BM website it will pop up.