Ryam Adams - PAX AM Records

7 minutes ago, Vega said:

Doesn't change the fact that he is a genius songwriter and musician

You're correct. That doesn't change, but what does change is people's perception of him as a person and their willingness to support him. If you choose to, that's all you. I cannot further.

Just now, Fowty Dollaz said:

You're correct. That doesn't change, but what does change is people's perception of him as a person and their willingness to support him. If you choose to, that's all you. I cannot further.

Yup, it will absolutely taint his talent and legacy without question for a ton of people.. I am not going to just stop listening to him altogether but my appreciation for him will drop quite a bit if all this ends up being proved true in the end plus the immediate ranting and threatening on social media and handling it all like a 12 year old girl so far is not a good look either.

9 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Yes I get you. I've just finished reading the full article and it's always the fucking same man, with the whole weinstein thing as well. Of course he is a scumbag for what he did, but the women were so god damn fame-hungry that they just couldn't help but play along.

When I read this about Pheobe Bridgers I thought I can't fucking believe it, man: "[Ryan Adams] offered her a few dates opening for him on tour in 2017, and after much discussion with her manager about Adams’s behavior, Bridgers said she accepted because it was a big opportunity before the release of her debut album." I'm sorry but I can't take her serious after this either. She and her manager could have easily said 'no' to this... but no, let's get famous everyone. And because of this she got to the place where she has a sold out tour with her new project now.

I'll still continue to buy his stuff because I love his music and thats what i'm paying for. Maybe Roman Polanski might be a perv as well but he is an incredible director and I won't judge art by the personality of the artist.

Edited by Vega

19 minutes ago, Vega said:

the women were so god damn fame-hungry that they just couldn't help but play along.

there really is always some chowderhead, their opinionatedness only surpassed by ignorance, eager to trot out this gross shit, isn't there. my god.

39 minutes ago, Vega said:

Yes I get you. I've just finished reading the full article and it's always the fucking same man, with the whole weinstein thing as well. Of course he is a scumbag for what he did, but the women were so god damn fame-hungry that they just couldn't help but play along.

When I read this about Pheobe Bridgers I thought I can't fucking believe it, man: "[Ryan Adams] offered her a few dates opening for him on tour in 2017, and after much discussion with her manager about Adams’s behavior, Bridgers said she accepted because it was a big opportunity before the release of her debut album." I'm sorry but I can't take her serious after this either. She and her manager could have easily said 'no' to this... but no, let's get famous everyone. And because of this she got to the place where she has a sold out tour with her new project now.

I'll still continue to buy his stuff because I love his music and thats what i'm paying for. Maybe Roman Polanski might be a perv as well but he is an incredible director and I won't judge art by the personality of the artist.

nice way to minimize things because somehow it's inconvenient for you to stop giving shitty people your money.  as if because she opened a few dates for Ryan Adams in 2017 she got famous!? that's insulting. the 13 year-old bass player was "god-damn fame hungry" and couldn't help but play along? Roman Polanski isn't just a "perv", he was a 43 year-old man, who drugged and sodomized and 13 year-old girl. oh, then he plead guilty to unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor. then on the eve of his sentencing he fled the country and hasn't been back since for fear of having to actually serve time for the unlawful sexual intercourse he plead guilty to. he's made some incredible films, but for fuck's sake...

2 minutes ago, futurepasttense said:

nice way to minimize things because somehow it's inconvenient for you to stop giving shitty people your money.  as if because she opened a few dates for Ryan Adams in 2017 she got famous!? that's insulting. the 13 year-old bass player was "god-damn fame hungry" and couldn't help but play along? Roman Polanski isn't just a "perv", he was a 43 year-old man, who drugged and sodomized and 13 year-old girl. oh, then he plead guilty to unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor. then on the eve of his sentencing he fled the country and hasn't been back since for fear of having to actually serve time for the unlawful sexual intercourse he plead guilty to. he's made some incredible films, but for fuck's sake...

Yes, I may have expressed that a little too harsh. But still, addressing the Phoebe Bridgers part: If you read the article you can not seriously say that Phoebe Bridgers was a victim *after* (clear emphasis on after, she was a victim before - no question) she and her manager decided to go ahead with the tour plans with Ryan after she had already been in an alleged psychologically draining relationship with him and clearly knew what she was getting herself into there. Of course you can always argue that the general situation that Ryan created was the rotten thing here, and that would be absolutely correct. But on the other hand you have to admit that she and her manager could have gone to the new york times or another newspaper/magazine back then as well instead of "cashing in" first, the other victims in the article were all there at that time just the same as now.

And yes, calling polanski only a perv was an understatement as well. But i always think about the Richard Wagner dilemma in cases like this. This guy was an antisemit and in all other fields allegedly a very very difficult person in other regards as well. Still, listen to Prélude to Tristan and Isolde and tell me thats not one of the most beautiful pieces of music ever written. The guy was a pig and still an incredible artist. Sometimes that combination just happens. And everyone can have their own opinion and say "I can't listen to this because of..." and thats completely fine. I'm just saying I care about the art and not so much about the private life of the artist behind it. Pretty much the only time that line has been crossed for me was when the whole Lostprophets thing came out because that was just cruelty on a whole different level.

2 hours ago, Vega said:

I'm just saying I care about the art and not so much about the private life of the artist behind it. 

That is very clearly not what you are “just saying.” You said way more. And you brought in a number of other confirmed and accused sexual predators to back it up. It sounds terrible and uninformed about how sexual assault works for the assaulted.

7 hours ago, mr. sincere said:

That is very clearly not what you are “just saying.” You said way more. And you brought in a number of other confirmed and accused sexual predators to back it up. It sounds terrible and uninformed about how sexual assault works for the assaulted.

Dude, don't call me uninformed when i clearly and in text condemned those actions of sexual predatory. Just because I say that Ryan still is a great artist to me doesn't mean that I don't have sympathy for the women who have been victims here. It just wouldn't have had the sour aftertaste for me that it had when the Phoebe Bridgers-Tour thing wouldn't have been mentioned in the article because in all other instances i felt very sorry for the women who were treated this way by Ryan.

And no, I didn't back up any fucked up behaviour by anyone in any way by bringing other sexual predators or assholes into the frame, did you actually read what i wrote? In the paragraph you took a quote out of, I literally just said that there are times when art can be genius and the artist can be a scumbag and brought up examples for that. Man... difficult times.

12 hours ago, Vega said:

Dude, shut the fuck up. Do you not realize how big a piece of shit you sound like? And I can’t believe 2 people “like” the vile shit you’re spewing.

Fame hungry women? This was all Phoebe’s fault? She’s famous now so it’s all good? Holy hell this is some victim blaming projection from someone who’s put his dick where it shouldn’t be in the past and now they’re realizing the gravity of their actions if I’ve ever seen it.

what the fuck is wrong with you?

keep buying his shit. Maybe you can invite a girl over and put on a Roman Polanski movie and intimidate her into watching you jerk off or something.

You very obviously uninformed cretin.

Edited by holyvacantsholyhell