Ryam Adams - PAX AM Records

1 hour ago, Vega said:

Dude, don't call me uninformed when i clearly and in text condemned those actions of sexual predatory. Just because I say that Ryan still is a great artist to me doesn't mean that I don't have sympathy for the women who have been victims here. It just wouldn't have had the sour aftertaste for me that it had when the Phoebe Bridgers-Tour thing wouldn't have been mentioned in the article because in all other instances i felt very sorry for the women who were treated this way by Ryan.

And no, I didn't back up any fucked up behaviour by anyone in any way by bringing other sexual predators or assholes into the frame, did you actually read what i wrote? In the paragraph you took a quote out of, I literally just said that there are times when art can be genius and the artist can be a scumbag and brought up examples for that. Man... difficult times.

You literally name dropped HW about three posts up, you fucking dolt.

good god I can’t believe apologists for these assholes actually exist and then think they have some sort of moral high ground.

again, you’re obviously uninformed, and even were you to amass the attention span and wherewithal to wade through an entire article, you obviously have some personality traits or behavior in your own past which compels you to defend rapists and deride their victims. 

Yeah dude, women are money and cock hungry hobgoblins? Right bro?

fuck Ryan Adams and fuck you too.

Edited by holyvacantsholyhell

10 hours ago, JohnMatrix said:

Vega...all I have to say about your reaction to all of this is YIKES

It’s the reaction of someone who has sexually abused someone in the past and is terrified that what they always thought of as acceptable behavior could land them in a world of shit. EDIT: maybe its not all that white and black. maybe they don't KNOW they put someone in a situation of a similar ilk.

but these are the words of someone who is considering their past and wondering if they really had consent that one time.

or maybe he’s just a fucking asshole, Idk, I need to get a cup of coffee and smoke a bowl before I keep reading this thread. I believe this is angry consecutive response #3, sorry everyone 

18 minutes ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

You literally name dropped HW about three posts up, you fucking dolt.

good god I can’t believe apologists for these assholes actually exist and then think they have some sort of moral high ground.

again, you’re obviously uninformed, and even were you to amass the attention span and wherewithal to wade through an entire article, you obviously have some personality traits or behavior in your own past which compels you to defend rapists and deride their victims. 

Yeah dude, women are money and cock hungry hobgoblins? Right bro?

fuck Ryan Adams and fuck you too.

Dude, first of all, chill. Yes I brought up Weinstein and directly called him a "scumbag" in the only sentence I mentioned him in. So your point is? Do you actually think i am an apologist for fucking Harvey Weinstein, man?

And are you just a troll or do you really not want to read what i wrote: "Just because I say that Ryan still is a great artist to me doesn't mean that I don't have sympathy for the women who have been victims here. [...] because in all other instances i felt very sorry for the women who were treated this way by Ryan."

How on earth can you, in any way, interpret into this that i am apologetic of rapists, sexual misconduct or predators? Like seriously...

16 minutes ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

It’s the reaction of someone who has sexually abused someone in the past and is terrified that what they always thought of as acceptable behavior could land them in a world of shit.

And why would you say something like that man, really... I know it's the internet and not a conversation on the street but come on, dude. I understand if you're angry because an artist that you maybe used to like has turned out to have bad and psychologically worrying personality traits, but don't say shit like that.

If you "felt sorry" for the women who were abused you wouldn't blame them for being hungry for fame. Fuck off dude, literally nothing you say can redeem you.

Does it offend you that I made a personal assumption about you without having all the info? Sucks, doesn't it?

You've shown your ass and everyone knows what kind of person you are re: sexual assault accusations.

And don't tell me to calm down. If you aren't supposed to get worked up over sexual abuse that's excruciatingly detailed and documented in an article, what the fuck should you get worked up over?

Women wanting equal rights, for you, probably.

3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Feel the fury of the SJW. You guys have too much time to waste on the internet getting fired up about something that may or may not have happened. I'm just here for the music. F*ck the Rain was great, pumped for the new records

It's getting very difficult to separate music from reprehensible awful behavior, regardless where you stand on if it happened. But to each his own.

4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Feel the fury of the SJW. You guys have too much time to waste on the internet getting fired up about something that may or may not have happened. I'm just here for the music. F*ck the Rain was great, pumped for the new records

Lol at the idea that these records are still getting released.

12 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Hey thanks for waving a big ol red flag that may as well just say “I’m a cunt” in letters made of tiny dicks.

Makes it it easier to know who sucks.

10 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Super cool to attack people sticking up for victims and calling out undeniably (except for you and the other guy) shitty behavior. By the way, which part of the victims' testimony do you not believe?

And nobody gives a shit that you like Ryan Adams' music. That's literally why everyone else was posting in this thread in the first place. 

1 minute ago, unknown pleasures said:

It really warms my heart the way the VC community can have a calm, level-headed dialogue concerning topics outside the realm of recorded music.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK YOU MOTHERFUCKER!

1 hour ago, mmhmm said:

How many people canceled their preorders? Props if you did. 

Just read the article and immediately canceled my order. Glad I don't own a lot of his stuff. I always knew he was a self-absorbed dickwad, but this is just not fucking acceptable at all. Adios!

13 minutes ago, veggiecorecords said:

Anyone know the easiest way to cancel an order on BullMoose? Don't see a cancel button next to my order..

Go to your orders page. Next to the item you want to cancel there should be a yellow ask question box. Just ask them to cancel this item and they'll get it done, usually within 48 hours.

EDIT: The yellow box says "Need Help?" Click that guy.

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Passionately oppose sexual assault/ subsequent victim blaming = SJW 

smdh

2 hours ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

Hey thanks for waving a big ol red flag that may as well just say “I’m a cunt” in letters made of tiny dicks.

Makes it it easier to know who sucks.

Not for nothing but using the language you did, which is derogatory term used towards women, and than arguing about abuse is pretty ridiculous

I have never used that word in my lifetime but you throw it around like its nothing. It seems like one of the main reasons men are in this situation because of behavior like this but think they are not part of the problem

Anyone who has ever used that word or a derogatory term towards a sex or race IS part of the problem