Ryam Adams - PAX AM Records

7 minutes ago, jerseypride said:

I think what you're saying is that if someone is truly principled about "cancelling' an artist based on that artist's misconduct, why should it matter whether the music is good or lousy?

I think ntslash is candidly acknowledging that it's much easier to stick to your principles if you don't feel like you're sacrificing that much. 

Yeah, really well said. Because it wasn't about separating the art from the artist.

Edited by deftbarley

I listened to some new songs and dang... he always sounded sad and woe is me, but now it  just comes across as pathetic instead of endearing.

Anyone in Toronto interested in a stack of this dipshit's vinyl? Nothing rare or special - just some LPs and some EPs that I haven't had an ounce of desire to spin in a while. I don't have the patience to list for sale or even ship. Maybe we could work out a trade or just buy me some fancy guitar strings. 

33 minutes ago, bridley said:

I listened to some new songs and dang... he always sounded sad and woe is me, but now it  just comes across as pathetic instead of endearing.

Anyone in Toronto interested in a stack of this dipshit's vinyl? Nothing rare or special - just some LPs and some EPs that I haven't had an ounce of desire to spin in a while. I don't have the patience to list for sale or even ship. Maybe we could work out a trade or just buy me some fancy guitar strings. 

If you sell it to someone else, than you are profiting off his evil. You just burn it all. 

11 hours ago, Plarocks said:

Is buying the new Ryan Adams album better or worse than voting for Trump?

I wonder how many Liberals, riding their high horse in regards to Ryan, realize they proudly voted for a rapist in Joe Biden who finger banged Tara Reade unsolicited? Probably not many because their Liberal Media covers up a ton of stuff from them...

Edited by timbrh2001

The new album is absolutely fantastic! Longtime RA fan happy to see him back and making classic records again.

Liberals like Alyssa Milano pretty much ended the Me Too Movement once and for all with their massive hypocrisy in supporting Joe Biden with their vote so now is a great time for Ryan to come out from hiding.

1 hour ago, timbrh2001 said:

I wonder how many Liberals, riding their high horse in regards to Ryan, realize they proudly voted for a rapist in Joe Biden who finger banged Tara Reade unsolicited? Probably not many because their Liberal Media covers up a ton of stuff from them...

is anybody gonna tell him? 🙃

5 minutes ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

Try harder

I don't need to. Liberals are rape apologist hypocrites. We knew of Tara Reade in January. Plenty of time for hypocrite sh*tlibs to have nominated a different candidate to go up against Trump yet they chose the one who did the acts of rape instead. Me Too is dead, Libs killed it.

Oof Timbr. Seems like you had a busy night. nice to see you around.

I mean, this isn't the thread for this conversation and its a super weird thing to bring up, but best I can recall it WAS looked into by the media and as they dug into further, the story fell apart. I don't know if its true or not, but it should have been examined by authorities and the media and it appears to have been. 

That being said, the media being in the bag for biden is such horseshit. 1. The media would have loved nothing more for a story like that to be true in terms of eyes and ears on them as that story was dovetailing with the end of the impeachment stuff. 2. Why would the media WANT Biden, who will be normal and boring, as opposed to Trump who has 5 stories about him and his antics a day? 

But can liberals be hypocrites? Absolutely . So can conservatives and independents. Basically, everyone can be terrible.  

Also, cancel culture isn't real. Like, its not really a thing. Its a buzzy phrase for when someone fucks up and they lose fans. Literally anyone can come back, it really comes down to if a majority of people think you deserve it. And expecting people to be better than what are the current norms is what makes society better. 

also, super weird to hold Alyssa Milano up as the paragon of liberalism.

Edited by timsimmons

50 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

Oof Timbr. Seems like you had a busy night. nice to see you around.

I mean, this isn't the thread for this conversation and its a super weird thing to bring up, but best I can recall it WAS looked into by the media and as they dug into further, the story fell apart. I don't know if its true or not, but it should have been examined by authorities and the media and it appears to have been. 

That being said, the media being in the bag for biden is such horseshit. 1. The media would have loved nothing more for a story like that to be true in terms of eyes and ears on them as that story was dovetailing with the end of the impeachment stuff. 2. Why would the media WANT Biden, who will be normal and boring, as opposed to Trump who has 5 stories about him and his antics a day? 

But can liberals be hypocrites? Absolutely . So can conservatives and independents. Basically, everyone can be terrible.  

Also, cancel culture isn't real. Like, its not really a thing. Its a buzzy phrase for when someone fucks up and they lose fans. Literally anyone can come back, it really comes down to if a majority of people think you deserve it. And expecting people to be better than what are the current norms is what makes society better. 

also, super weird to hold Alyssa Milano up as the paragon of liberalism.

The media created a narrative that fooled people into believing that the story had fallen apart. Nobody gets gaslit by their media more hardcore than Liberals do by their Corporate Media Outlets. The reality is she has more corroboration than Christine Blasey Ford did when the Me Toos roasted Kavanaugh over it.

The media was absolutely in the bag for Biden, you kidding me? He's literally the definition of a Corporatist Neoliberal who shares the same agendas and policies that the Billionaire owners of our Corporate Media want to see implemented. During the days leading up to Super Tuesday they media gave him millions of dollars of free campaign advertising on their airwaves in a coordinated effort along with Obama calling Klobuchar and Buttigieg to force them to drop out and endorse Biden.

10 hours ago, timbrh2001 said:

The new album is absolutely fantastic! Longtime RA fan happy to see him back and making classic records again.

Liberals like Alyssa Milano pretty much ended the Me Too Movement once and for all with their massive hypocrisy in supporting Joe Biden with their vote so now is a great time for Ryan to come out from hiding.

I think it is so fucking funny this dude is supporting an outspoken liberal artist (Ryan Adams) while also using Biden’s sexual assault accusations as a knock against liberalism while again also supporting someone with sexual abuse allegations against him (Ryan Adams). 

Brilliant. 

Just now, untiliwakeup said:

I think it is so fucking funny this dude is supporting an outspoken liberal artist (Ryan Adams) while also using Biden’s sexual assault accusations as a knock against liberalism while again also supporting someone with sexual abuse allegations against him (Ryan Adams). 

Brilliant. 

He's so fucking stupid it's hilarious

Just now, untiliwakeup said:

Brilliant. 

You must have missed the point where the rape apologist liberals on here got on their high horse about boycotting Ryan's new album...