Ryam Adams - PAX AM Records

43 minutes ago, timbrh2001 said:

Unfortunately I wish we could just talk about his new album as well because I'm excited as hell about just how good it is but unfortunately people still need to get on their annoying high horse and bring up the Me Too stuff.

you're literally the one that is keeping this going by bringing up topics that don't pertain to vinyl or music.

On 12/8/2020 at 12:38 PM, Tommy said:

yeah, but his music is good

Good isn't even great, which isn't even excellent, which isn't even genius. A Yeezy stan like you oughta know. Thought y'all standards was "genius-tier art or miss me".

But I guess expecting Yeezy stans to be consistent from even one moment to the next is the real absurdity.

17 hours ago, ntslash said:

If you sell it to someone else, than you are profiting off his evil. You just burn it all. 

Pollute the atmosphere with wasteful destruction to feel good about symbolically owning an abusive artist versus enabling someone to listen to his music on vinyl without the artist profiting from it. Gotcha.

13 hours ago, timbrh2001 said:

Cancel Culture is only for immature idiots who don't think humans have the capability of change.

Consequence Culture forces the issue. And whom that has been called out/been subjected to a MeToo moment has genuinely changed? Got a single name? Just one.

Edited by OneThreeOneTwo

2 hours ago, timbrh2001 said:

The smart ones are the ones who think they have a high horse to sit on when boycotting Ryan's new album while choosing and supporting a rapist to lead their country...

Wake me up when Biden's alleged underaged victim screencaps texts soliciting nudes like what happened with RA.  Comparing apples and oranges, otherwise.

Biden's probably a creep, but he's a career politician entrenched in neoliberal power so he's largely immune. Just like Trump who's literally raped multiple children at Epstein's magic island.

RA is also entrenched in and sheltered by regressive-male fanboy impunity, it seems. 

Both their whiteness and their male status contribute to both men having delusionally overrated senses of self but one is operating at a much higher level of power than the other.

The answer to fighting the impunity of power is robbing these people of their access to power since they demonstrate beyond argument an incapacity to wield it without abuse. Same exact principle as bum-rushing a shooter to try to steal the firearm away from them before that person kills more people. The solution isn't to resort to regurgitating Newt Gingrich talking points from 1985 and lay all the blame on liberalism, which isn't the same thing as neo-liberalism (a conservative tendency).

Edited by OneThreeOneTwo

1 hour ago, timbrh2001 said:

I literally came in here to talk about the dude's new album and had to sift through 30 posts of Me Too high horse garbage first.

The album sucks. He sucks. There's no hypocrisy. No one is stopping you from talking about the new album. You're just whining about sifting through posts and how the conversation isn't what you want it to be.

There's a song called "Who's Going To Love Me Now, If Not You" on it. Come on, dude. How are you going to talk about the new album with song titles like that and not bring up his personal shit.

Edited by deftbarley

On 12/12/2020 at 12:28 PM, timbrh2001 said:

I literally came in here to talk about the dude's new album and had to sift through 30 posts of Me Too high horse garbage first.

Two wrongs don't make a right, you fuck head. You come on here with a bunch of disconnected, lame ass right wing rhetoric the vast majority of people here don't believe a word of. Your hypocrisy is brutal. You just sound dumb. If I was a moderator on this forum, your ass would be gone.

That being said, if anyone listens to the album, it seems to be one serious apology after another.  Whether you choose to believe Ryan is your choice. Ryan is really good at rock music and I really wish he could get back to that direction as this album is yet another softball. 

16 minutes ago, thacriddler said:

Two wrongs don't make a right, you fuck head. You come on here with a bunch of disconnected, lame ass right wing rhetoric the vast majority of people here don't believe a word of. Your hypocrisy is brutal. You just sound dumb. If I was a moderator on this forum, your ass would be gone.

That being said, if anyone listens to the album, it seems to be one serious apology after another.  Whether you choose to believe Ryan is your choice. Ryan is really good at rock music and I really wish he could get back to that direction as this album is yet another softball. 

I'm actually a Leftist, like Communist level Leftist. It's not right wing rhetoric at all, it's just that you think it is because your Corporate Media has been heavily gaslighting you and weaponizing Identity Politics for the benefit of the establishment for years.

On 12/12/2020 at 1:10 PM, deftbarley said:

The album sucks. He sucks. There's no hypocrisy. No one is stopping you from talking about the new album. You're just whining about sifting through posts and how the conversation isn't what you want it to be.

There's a song called "Who's Going To Love Me Now, If Not You" on it. Come on, dude. How are you going to talk about the new album with song titles like that and not bring up his personal shit.

New album is great you just happen to suck at Ryan Adams

On 12/12/2020 at 12:30 PM, OneThreeOneTwo said:

Wake me up when Biden's alleged underaged victim screencaps texts soliciting nudes like what happened with RA.  Comparing apples and oranges, otherwise.

Biden's probably a creep, but he's a career politician entrenched in neoliberal power so he's largely immune. Just like Trump who's literally raped multiple children at Epstein's magic island.

RA is also entrenched in and sheltered by regressive-male fanboy impunity, it seems. 

Both their whiteness and their male status contribute to both men having delusionally overrated senses of self but one is operating at a much higher level of power than the other.

The answer to fighting the impunity of power is robbing these people of their access to power since they demonstrate beyond argument an incapacity to wield it without abuse. Same exact principle as bum-rushing a shooter to try to steal the firearm away from them before that person kills more people. The solution isn't to resort to regurgitating Newt Gingrich talking points from 1985 and lay all the blame on liberalism, which isn't the same thing as neo-liberalism (a conservative tendency).

Wake me up when sending nude pics over text is worse than literally taking your fingers and sticking them up a woman's vagina unasked and unwanted.

You Liberals are a special breed of insane...

On 12/12/2020 at 12:20 PM, OneThreeOneTwo said:

Consequence Culture forces the issue. And whom that has been called out/been subjected to a MeToo moment has genuinely changed? Got a single name? Just one.

Your new President aka the leader of the country aka the most powerful man in the country, Joe Biden. He literally raped a woman. Tara Reade. She also has more corroboration than Christine Basley Ford did when the Me Too's roasted Kavanaugh.

Also, the whole motto of Me Too was to 'believe women', which obviously was ignored simply because it didn't happen to serve a Liberal's agenda this time...

2 minutes ago, Shelby American said:

Guys he still doesn't realize he's arguing that Joe Biden's alleged sexual behavior shouldn't affect his role as president as part of his Ryan Adams argument for why Biden is a piece of shit and Adams isn't. Lmfao troll level >9,000.

I have said numerous times that Ryan Adams is a troubled human being, is in need of psychological help and if he committed a crime, deserves prison time. I can separate the art from the person.

Edited by timbrh2001

3 minutes ago, timbrh2001 said:

You Liberals are a special breed of insane...

It has nothing to do with liberals. I'm libertarian left and know the (american) democrats have simply gone crazy and don't even realize it. Watching too much last week tonight and being on twitter probably does that to you. I mean, hailing aoc all day long and falling for her whole shtick while buying the 70 dollar hoodies she sells on her website, talk about speaking to the middle and lower class with that price tag, great stuff. But hey, i write that so i must be a nazi, i mean what else, throw in rapist and transphobe as well, why not. These people don't want to hear other points of views anymore and these are discussions that will not be resolved very soon and the gap is only widening. So discussing anything political and social nowadays doesn't really make sense anymore, i mean you can try as best as you can, but look at the knuckle heads in this thread. Democrats will only get more insane and the rest is only gonna be more turned off by antifa and the like. "Oh no he only said antifa and not kkk" - like that wasn't already clear. So what did that have to do with Ryan Adams again?

"Believe Women" means to investigate all the claims that women say happened, not brush things to the side. Not that everything that is claimed is immediately 100% believed.  both sides needs to proof to be right. 

Edited by timsimmons