Ryam Adams - PAX AM Records

Just now, Vega said:

It has nothing to do with liberals. I'm libertarian left and know the (american) democrats have simply gone crazy and don't even realize it. Watching too much last week tonight and being on twitter probably does that to you. I mean, hailing aoc all day long and falling for her whole shtick while buying the 70 dollar hoodies she sells on her website, talk about speaking to the middle and lower class with that price tag, great stuff. But hey, i write that so i must be a nazi, i mean what else, throw in rapist and transphobe as well, why not. These people don't want to hear other points of views anymore and these are discussions that will not be resolved very soon and the gap is only widening. So discussing anything political and social nowadays doesn't really make sense anymore, i mean you can try as best as you can, but look at the knuckle heads in this thread. Democrats will only get more insane and the rest is only gonna be more turned off by antifa and the like. "Oh no he only said antifa and not kkk" - like that wasn't already clear. So what did that have to do with Ryan Adams again?

Libertarian Left huh? Interesting. You mind explaining your core beliefs? I'm just genuinely curious, that's all and yeah I agree with pretty much everything you said.

1 minute ago, timsimmons said:

"Believe Women" means to investigate all the claims that women say happened. Not that everything that is claimed is immediately 100% believed. 

Cool, so basically Ryan is innocent then because the FBI didn't arrest him. I know that's not how this movement has been operating though...

8 minutes ago, timbrh2001 said:

Me Too is a modern day Salem Witch Hunt and Russiagate is a modern day rehash of 1950s McCarthyism.

I get that you really love Ryan and maybe you want to justify still loving the guy despite your politics, but this is such a weird take.

Just now, timsimmons said:

I get that you really love Ryan and maybe you want to justify still loving the guy despite your politics, but this is such a weird take.

It's not a weird take. That's how the Me Too Movement has operated cancelling people without evidence is very similar to what happened during the Salem Witch Hunts (albeit with worse consequences) and literally every claim that came outta the whole Russiagate Disinformation Propaganda campaign has been discredited over time.

8 minutes ago, Vega said:

It has nothing to do with liberals. I'm libertarian left and know the (american) democrats have simply gone crazy and don't even realize it. Watching too much last week tonight and being on twitter probably does that to you. I mean, hailing aoc all day long and falling for her whole shtick while buying the 70 dollar hoodies she sells on her website, talk about speaking to the middle and lower class with that price tag, great stuff. But hey, i write that so i must be a nazi, i mean what else, throw in rapist and transphobe as well, why not. These people don't want to hear other points of views anymore and these are discussions that will not be resolved very soon and the gap is only widening. So discussing anything political and social nowadays doesn't really make sense anymore, i mean you can try as best as you can, but look at the knuckle heads in this thread. Democrats will only get more insane and the rest is only gonna be more turned off by antifa and the like. "Oh no he only said antifa and not kkk" - like that wasn't already clear. So what did that have to do with Ryan Adams again?

libertarian left. fucking lol

Just now, timbrh2001 said:

It's not a weird take. That's how the Me Too Movement has operated cancelling people without evidence is very similar to what happened during the Salem Witch Hunts (albeit with worse consequences) and literally every claim that came outta the whole Russiagate Disinformation Propaganda campaign has been discredited over time.

NO ONE IS REALLY CANCELLED. The reality is people don't like a certain behavior and they are fine leaving artists or whoever behind.  People can still go about doing their shit. they'll just have less fans. teh only people that get hurt about "cancellation" are people who, I don't know, are insecure about people they like fucking up and losing fans. 

I'm not an AOC fan as I have seen enough evidence recently that she's growing into nothing more than a sheepdog for the Democratic Party BUT she doesn't take Corporate $$$ so the way she raises campaign funds is selling overprice merch and I personally don't have any problem with that whatsoever.

I get there are people on the left looking for fights. Those types of people exist on all sides though. People just want to fight now a days. They don't give a shit what the issue is. And in some cases, it can come down to nitpicking actions, but also, maybe we've lived in the dark so long about peoples behavior that a larger swath of people are kinda done with letting bad shit just slip by without being called out. 

NO ONE IS REALLY CANCELLED. The reality is people don't like a certain behavior and they are fine leaving artists or whoever behind.  People can still go about doing their shit. they'll just have less fans. teh only people that get hurt about "cancellation" are people who, I don't know, are insecure about people they like fucking up and losing fans. 

I think 'insecure' is the wrong word to use in this situation. Imagine being a fan of an artist and having to sift through a ton of crap from high horse hypocrites that has nothing to do with the actual art all the time and understanding this garbage is never going to go away.

Annoyed is a better term.

I get there are people on the left looking for fights. Those types of people exist on all sides though. People just want to fight now a days. They don't give a shit what the issue is. And in some cases, it can come down to nitpicking actions, but also, maybe we've lived in the dark so long about peoples behavior that a larger swath of people are kinda done with letting bad shit just slip by without being called out. 

Corporate Media outlets have been creating division in this country because they know the only way they can protect their Corporatist agendas that screw over the 99% is to divide thus conquer.

Just now, timbrh2001 said:

I think 'insecure' is the wrong word to use in this situation. Imagine being a fan of an artist and having to sift through a ton of crap from high horse hypocrites that has nothing to do with the actual art all the time and understanding this garbage is never going to go away.

Annoyed is a better term.

thats fair. 

But also I think its fair to take a step back when thes ethings happen and re-evalute the fandom through the new lens. If you are OK with stuff, then fine. But other people may not be and will push back in hopes to open minds. 

I don't think this is the case, but also, you gotta play the game thats being played too.

I believe you have to actually represent your consituents and not continue to Gaslight your constituents on Twitter as to why you continuously bend the knee to Pelosi.

thats fair. 

But also I think its fair to take a step back when thes ethings happen and re-evalute the fandom through the new lens. If you are OK with stuff, then fine. But other people may not be and will push back in hopes to open minds. 

If you're not a fan, fine. How often you see me go into other band's threads just to crap on something I don't like? It's just trolling at this point.

I think she pushes back towards the establishment more than most congresspeople. 

Well yeah publicly but not where it matters with policy, 3/4 of Democrats are actually Republicans with a pretend D next to their names like Cuomo, Manchen, Biden, Obama, Clinton, Pelosi, Schumer, etc... anyways so it's a real low bar

Am I trolling here? 

I'm trying to do the same thing here that I did at TBY. To open hearts and minds that certain behavior should be unacceptable. 

Theres been a bunch of victim blaming in this thread and thats not fair. If you still want to listen to RA, go for it. But we can all agree, even if you think the NYT piece is wrong, that behavior is bad. And there are people who read that piece and still think its OK. 

Thats not OK by me. 

Edited by timsimmons

Am I trolling here? 

I'm trying to do the same thing at TBY. To open hearts and minds that certain behavior should be unacceptable. 

Theres been a bunch of victim blaming in this thread and thats not fair. If you still want to listen to RA, go for it. But we can all agree, even if you think the NYT piece is wrong, that behavior is bad. And there are people who read that piece and still think its OK. 

Thats not OK by me. 

Should I be the one sending out the tissue paper gifs and telling people to go on Twitter instead? 🤪

21 minutes ago, timbrh2001 said:

Libertarian Left huh? Interesting. You mind explaining your core beliefs? I'm just genuinely curious, that's all and yeah I agree with pretty much everything you said.

I mean you can look it up (don't really want to spam this thread any more with this bs) - obviously there is a spectrum to it and i'm more centrist than left but it's on the libertarian isle if you see authoritarian as the other one.

17 minutes ago, timsimmons said:

libertarian left. fucking lol

social justice warrior. fucking lol

2 minutes ago, Vega said:

I mean you can look it up (don't really want to spam this thread any more with this bs) - obviously there is a spectrum to it and i'm more centrist than left but it's on the libertarian isle if you see authoritarian as the other one.

social justice warrior. fucking lol

I was gonna say, if you're a free market Capitalist like a Libertarian is, you're not really on the left side of the Political Spectrum. Depending on how radical your social views are you could still be closer to a moderate than most current Blue MAGA run-of-the-mill Liberals, however.