GO HASTINGS 30% off all vinyl...

i got two e-mail responses back.  one just said the code has expired. sorry for any inconvenience.  the other said they are looking into it. 

my question for them was why are you going to send out a code earlier that day and say it expires 3/31 but doesnt work.  shouldnt you honor it.  we shall see if i get a response...

Seems kinda shady.  Do you think they'd be contractually obliged to uphold the original date?

i got two e-mail responses back. one just said the code has expired. sorry for any inconvenience. the other said they are looking into it.

my question for them was why are you going to send out a code earlier that day and say it expires 3/31 but doesnt work. shouldnt you honor it. we shall see if i get a response...

When did you order/they send you a message?

I bought a single record at 6 am this morning with the discount code and haven't heard from them yet. Hopefully it works.. I got the velvet underground Quine tapes box set for like 70 bucks.

If you order multiple items chances are you'll get multiple shipments because each item could come from a separate place and some places are quicker with shipping then others.

Good call. Five minutes after my post another email came saying that all shipped together. Kinda confusing communication but whatever. It's a good deal if it's one or three.

Just got a shipping confirmation.  2 tracking numbers for 3 records, both from Amarillo, TX.  Silly Hastings.

I've had that happen too, on an order about a year ago. I think they create the labels from headquarters. When it happened then, one ended up coming from a store near Boise, ID and the other a store near Walla Walla, WA.

I've only ever ordered from them twice in the past, but both times, the records were just shipped between a flattened piece of cardboard that had been taped closed. I think only one item of all three orders showed up without some manner of bend on the corners. Hoping for better when this new order arrives but my expectations aren't high, especially if they're dealing with a large volume of new orders at the same time.

The fact that they reneged their coupon is a little fishy.  At least they didn't cancel all the orders that used it, but it's still a bit of a repugnant business practice.

I just got the email a few hours ago.

If you really wanted to, you could probably convince them to give you the discount. Because legally, they kinda have to.

If you really wanted to, you could probably convince them to give you the discount. Because legally, they kinda have to.

Oh mine worked and is already en route.  But they're missing out on a lot of orders that were potentially placed.  They should just follow through with their 3/31 date.

Oh mine worked and is already en route.  But they're missing out on a lot of orders that were potentially placed.  They should just follow through with their 3/31 date.

As is my order from 24 hours ago.

But if you wanted to order more, you probably could if you asked them to correct your total. Companies can't just send out big coupons like that & not honor them immediately afterwards. 

The only difference is that, because of the way the coupon is stated, you may only be able to order 1 at 30% off. Or at least that's what I read into it.

Seems kinda shady. Do you think they'd be contractually obliged to uphold the original date?

Legal nerd alert.

It falls under a concept called an invitation to treat. There's no contract, and no obligation for them to sell to you at the advertised discount. The terms aren't specific enough for there to be a contract (e.g. shipping is not addressed, and it's unclear if it applies to only one item).

Legal nerd alert.

It falls under a concept called an invitation to treat. There's no contract, and no obligation for them to sell to you at the advertised discount. The terms aren't specific enough for there to be a contract (e.g. shipping is not addressed, and it's unclear if it applies to only one item).

Sure, that seems natural. But I'd love to hear their explanation as to why they won't honor it.