GO HASTINGS 30% off all vinyl...

Maybe it's n your eyes, but not in the real world. Pushing customers away is bad fir business. Not honoring clearly redeemable coupons is bad business. You think we are the only people that are noticing?

I'm curious...how many records did you order that rang up as 30% off?

If it was more than the one that was specified in the coupon, then they have more than "honored" their end of the bargain.

I'm willing to bet that, if instead of a shipping confirmation e-mail, they sent you an e-mail that said they were only going to honor the deal they offered and the rest of your records are now full price except for one, you would be calling customer support to cancel the other records instead of complaining that you can't further exploit their mistake.

It just makes no sense...are you referring to the fact that the complaints amount to a child that didn't get their way and is throwing a fit?

Because that's what this seems like to me, and I would never defend Hastings.

Was comparing it to having a coupon and not being able to use it.

Buys one record with the advertised discount:

I just scored Soundgarden - Superunknown for $18 shipped! Its usually around $60!!!

Talks about all the additional records he's going to buy since the coupon is mistakenly allowing multiple discounts to be applied:

I may have to go back in a couple weeks ad order a couple more.

That Gone Girl is a steal. I preordered mine off the NIN site and waited many months for it to finally be released.
Wish I knew I could have grabbed it for $13 now.

I had 4 more I wanted.

Confirms buying multiple records at a discount because of company's mistake:

I got up this morning to see 2 new emails from GoHastings. Both emails are telling me they sent my order. Apparently? Both of mine shipped out on the same order. Both emails were identical.
Maybe im getting 2 of each LP I ordered haha

Coupon code get pulled when company realizes mistake and goes off the handle complaining that they won't let him further exploit the mistake by claiming that they are not standing by their statements:

^^^

No, it IS bad business.

As a corporation, they need to stand behind their coupons/statements. If someone screwed up, so be it. But this is just pissing people off. It's like walking a kid through an arcade with no quarters.

Maybe just fix the error so only 1 LP is discounted, but don't cancel the sale. That is BAD business. I, for one, will think twice before ordering again after they pulled this shit. How can you take them on their word ever again?

Get's asked what he would do if they reversed the mistake and honored the coupon the way it was intended and ignores the question:

I'm curious...how many records did you order that rang up as 30% off?

If it was more than the one that was specified in the coupon, then they have more than "honored" their end of the bargain.

I'm willing to bet that, if instead of a shipping confirmation e-mail, they sent you an e-mail that said they were only going to honor the deal they offered and the rest of your records are now full price except for one, you would be calling customer support to cancel the other records instead of complaining that you can't further exploit their mistake.

Calms down and accepts it:

I don't think anyone is really worked up.

I'd say this about sums up the situation.

Sounds like I'm one of the few who hasn't had something strange happen with this sale yet..

I ordered 3 LP's the day the coupon went up, only 2 were eligible for the coupon. I did get 2 shipping confirmations, but it seems to be one package containing all 3 LP's and all the same tracking #. Price was also correct in the email as it was during checkout.

Granted, this is my first time ever ordering from them! So we'll see when the package gets here - hopefully all is safe and secure in the package.

The injustice of the discontinuation of a coupon is utterly preposterous.  In no way am I overstating the rage and fury boiling inside of me at this time.  We shouldn't stand for this.  Lets boycott.  Lets riot.  Contact Anonymous to shutdown their website.  This is not an overexaggeration of my position on this topic.

Or fuck is this really something to complain about.  How ridiculous is that the discontinuation of a coupon is something to get pissy about?  Sometimes this site makes me want to slam my dick in a car door.

WOW, I still don't see what you are pointing out I guess.

I feel as though this forum is nothing but teenagers.

A lot of people on here are teenagers as well as a majority in their 20's and early 30's.

I, for one, am 39 and like them, I have no problem seeing how this is not a huge deal that warrants e-mails to customer service. They made a mistake, people (yourself included) capitalized on it, they fixed the mistake, they honored the end result of the mistake and they are more than likely trying to make it so the mistake doesn't happen again and they can have the coupon work the way they intended.

Hopefully this is a bit more clear.

If not, maybe one of the teenagers who make up this community can spell it out better for you.

You are receiving this email because you have signed up to receive goHastings promotions. You may opt out at any time. This email is valid 3/09/2015 Central Standard Time unless stated otherwise. Product prices and availability are subject to change. Prices and availability were accurate at the time this newsletter was sent; however, they may differ from those you see when you visit goHastings.com. Due to differences between pricing models, there may be price variations between the goHastings.com website and Hastings stores. We reserve the right to change or end promotions without notice. Not responsible for typographical errors.

This is at the bottom of Go Hastings emails.  the part that is relevant to this thread is in bold.

...says the person with a Tool avatar

This retort makes zero sense.

I ordered one album from Go Hastings, called to confirm that it was indeed in stock, and submitted my order while I was still on the phone with them. At this moment in time it looks like they won't be fulfilling my order. That's bush league, and further confirms my prior belief as to why they suck ass.

Like aprik said. They generated a unique code and send it to you. Im sure if they used the same code people would just place 10 order for 10 recorss getting the discount and they are in the same boat.

Am i bummed i missed the chance to get a huge order 30% off sure. But now ill just buy one expensive record i wanted at30% off and a few that were super cheap to begin with.

A lot of people on here are teenagers as well as a majority in their 20's and early 30's.

I, for one, am 39 and like them, I have no problem seeing how this is not a huge deal that warrants e-mails to customer service. They made a mistake, people (yourself included) capitalized on it, they fixed the mistake, they honored the end result of the mistake and they are more than likely trying to make it so the mistake doesn't happen again and they can have the coupon work the way they intended.

Hopefully this is a bit more clear.

If not, maybe one of the teenagers who make up this community can spell it out better for you.

If you got an email with the coupon in it forward it to their customer service department and they will send you a unique code that should work

Gypsy_fortune_teller.jpg