Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne DLC Hype Train

yhOFbIW.png

Some Fuckin' Rules To Die By:

1. Don't Post Spoilers.

2. Don't talk about Spoiler Club.

3. Spoiler Tags - IF YOU AREN'T SURE - USE SPOILER TAGS.

For ANY in game content - use Spoiler tags. Everyone plays at a different pace. Don't ruin it for anyone.

4. The first playthrough is going to be blind, for a lot of us. ON PURPOSE.

If you want to read a guide, or reddit, please feel free. But keep it to yourself or PMs until everyone gets through their first run.

5. If you choose to read what is inside Spoiler tags it's your own damn fault.

r u casul?

git gud.

Discussion thread for Bloodborne - 3/24. Ask your questions now casuls!

does evil within get any better? I played 2 chapters and it's pretty garbage. the controls are shit.

didn't have much trouble with the controls myself. it's an okay game. I never finished it because there's one level (mechanics spoiler, not major or plot)

where someone appears every 30 seconds and insta-kills you if you touch them and there's tons of enemies and tight corridors and no checkpoint til you beat the section

and I hate shit like that. Will finish it someday.

I've just noticed that there really isn't any fine movement. like if I get close to disable a trap, it doesn't give the indicator. if I try to inch forward, the character moves too far and I blow up. so frustrating. gun accuracy is highly questionable. also bear traps are the cheapest thing... i'll play some more, but not a big fan from the start.

but back to bloodborne, is there a level system like a normal RPG? chapter based or open world?

I've just noticed that there really isn't any fine movement. like if I get close to disable a trap, it doesn't give the indicator. if I try to inch forward, the character moves too far and I blow up. so frustrating. gun accuracy is highly questionable. also bear traps are the cheapest thing... i'll play some more, but not a big fan from the start.

but back to bloodborne, is there a level system like a normal RPG? chapter based or open world?

Don't know and I have not read into it.

Demons was hub-based - Central world and chapter-based sub worlds

Dark 1+2 were both "Open" though... I definitely wouldn't say it feels liek it until late game in DS1 and DS2 was made stupid because it was open from the start.

They've described the main city Yharnam as the "central hub" but a lot of the info coming in about Bloodborne is tied to Japanese translation. It could just mean "home base" like Firelink Shrine in DS1 and Majula in DS2. So, we will see.

A major part of the glory of Dark Souls was the level design, which was missing in Dark Souls 2 because hidetaka Miyazaki was not involved in Ds2.

Dark Souls works based on "Bonfires" which are like checkpoints/savepoints.  You do thirty minutes to an hour of level progression and you see a sweet safe spot bonfire and replenish your health, spend some souls, and get your potions back.

But, the real beauty came through DS1 level design. Where you would progress in what seemed like a linear way for an hour, only to come across a ladder, say. And you kick said ladder and climb down it and lo and behold! You are back at the bonfire you were at an hour ago. Oh cruel fate! But wait, the ladder is still there and now you can use it whenever you want. You have achieved a shortcut now for all future trips through this region.

It was genius, and amazing.

As far as "level" progression. I am assuming it will be JUST like Dark Souls in this regard. You have a big old stats screen and you gain souls (now "blood") every time you kill enemies. When you get to a save point you can spend those souls (now blood) on points in your stats.

Dark Souls Stats Screen:

stats_-_dark_souls.jpg

I've got the second one on my 360 from when they were giving it away free. My Xbox is on its last leg though, so Lots of the time it won't even play games. I'll have to try it again tonight though.

I think they only gave Dark Souls away for free (which is the good one).

Demons I hear is great too but I never had a ps3 so I've never played it. 

Dark Souls 2 is far from trash, but, it's no Dark Souls. A lot of people chalk that up to the absence of Hidetaka Miyazaki, which is why people are really stoked on Bloodborne, because he's back.

haha we've got 3/4 of the original Git Gud Crew in here now. I'm sure Shleby will stop by to grace us with his presence sooner or later.

I am beyond stoked.

Going to figure out how fucking preloading works. Already requested off on the 24 and 25. Gonna play from Midnight, to 2 Midnights from then nonstop until I have to go back to work.