Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne DLC Hype Train

Yeah I'm used to it during checkout, but I've never tried to cancel one before.

Dude was all like "Aw man, everyone comes to me to cancel pre-orders. This is a negative 1 for me today. Now I need to replace it with another one or it looksbad"

Me: "Oh, sorry man. It's a popular game I'm sure you'll get one"

"Yeah but, like are you sure you don't want to move it to another system? or a different game? or just put it on your gamestop account and use it on something later?"

"Nah, that's cool man, thanks though"

"Alright, it's just like you know I don't want to have too many negatives, you know? Are you sure?"

"Yeah, man. I just bought it digital, so I'm good for now."

"Digital? OH man! Why would you do that? Having physical is so much better. really man, are you sure??"

God.. I was so tempted to say "Dude, if you charge me $10 less and come to my door and deliver this to me at Midnight on release day, then I'll keep my preorder."

But I know he was just doing what he had to do, so whatevs.

To the best of my knowledge GameStop stores aren't even ranked on their preorders/power up rewards subscriptions anymore. The kid that helped you must have a GS dick rider boss that still gives his staff shit over that crap. That desperation shit is always something I tried to steer my staff away from, even when all that crap mattered/affected my pay.

Artwork? dafuq you talkin bout lol. Games haven't come with "art" of any kind since like Sega Genesis.

I go digital, I paid $5 less, and no taxes, and I'm gonna be playing at Midnight on tuesday while you suckers at work like "oh man I hope the UPS guy brings my package today and doesn't leave me one of those "You weren't home" notes!!"

False. Case art for Bioshock Infinite and Evil Within (among others) is reversible and really cool actually.

Can't argue against physical media on a vinyl message board lol

great interview from Miyazaki: http://www.mcvuk.com/special-features/read/the-big-game-bloodborne/0166

HIghlights:

“Furthermore, the success of the Dark Souls franchise has proved that gamers want more of a challenge – and this is something that we fully embrace in our approach to Bloodborne.”

“The multiplayer system in Bloodborne differs from those in Demon’s Souls and Dark Souls,” he explains. “As for the matchmaking system criticised in Dark Souls II, we are using a level-matching system similar to the previous titles I have directed.”

“Yes,” Miyazaki confirms. “There will be a New Game Plus mode.”

He laughs. “We’re having trouble beating it, though.”

“Bloodborne’s setting of Yharnam is an ancient gothic city, rife with a strange illness. There is a constant threat of danger, death and madness lurking around every corner, giving the world a unique atmosphere that is more unrelenting than any other IP.” 

But, the real beauty came through DS1 level design. Where you would progress in what seemed like a linear way for an hour, only to come across a ladder, say. And you kick said ladder and climb down it and lo and behold! You are back at the bonfire you were at an hour ago. Oh cruel fate! But wait, the ladder is still there and now you can use it whenever you want. You have achieved a shortcut now for all future trips through this region.

It was genius, and amazing.

Something Zelda games were doing 15+ years ago.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Everything starts somewhere.  I'd say it's on a bit of a different level, but, sure, it's in lots of games!

No game has ever given the amount of elation I felt when discovering a shortcut in DS1. The "ah-ha" moment followed by holy fucking cow, I'm back here again... made me feel like the smartest person on earth. 

“The multiplayer system in Bloodborne differs from those in Demon’s Souls and Dark Souls,” he explains. “As for the matchmaking system criticised in Dark Souls II, we are using a level-matching system similar to the previous titles I have directed.”

shots fired, dark souls 2 sucks

Although soul memory was not a great matchmaking feature, DS2 made it SOOOOOOOO much easier to co op with a friend. I have more co op hours on DS2 than solo.

The ring was still annoying though. This password method should make it way way easier. Vaati said it's the best system they've had and it's very easy to match with friends now.