Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne DLC Hype Train

God I want to play this game so bad.  It looks incredible and I love the horror aspects of it.  But like I said before, if I didn't have the patience for Dark Souls, I doubt I'll have the patience for this :(.

has anyone suggested gitting gud?

But seriously, this game has the makings of a classic. I think you should hop in in the beginning when no one has a clue what they are doing. It will make the learning curve less rough.  Joining up in a few months to "give it a shot" will result in much more grief as experienced players invade you, etc.  Just jump in :) It's just a game, if you enjoy it then good, if you don't then sell it on ebay/gamestop. :D

Guide Book PO'd

Been hearing reports this is going to be the toughest game in the series, by far. Got the plat for Dark 1 & 2 so I'm up for the challenge. Still find Demon's toughest so we'll see if it stacks up in difficulty.

Yeah I agree that playing when it's fresh is probably safe.  Waiting just gives everyone else time to practice their skills to later use on you.

I'm thinking when I get around to 1st playthrough I might attempt to do the whole game on NG offline first.

This is going to be my first souls game. So how does the online part blend in with the single player? Is it gonna be any sort of help playing online for beating the game offline?

Stay online. The first time you are invaded will be one of the best pants-shitting moments you will ever have in a game.

I always try to finish an area by myself on first play. But once I finish an area, I usually like to spend time immediately afterwards helping people with that level. 

Getting invaded is part of the game, and it's important that you experience it.

Also, 3/4 or so of the online features are helpful to YOU. And, they are a huge part of what makes the FROM games special.

Co-Op - if you are a casul and are struggling you can summon a random to help you out with an area.

Messages - these messages on the ground are a HUGE part of the game and they are awesome. Read them. Laugh at them. When something says "Jump Here" just... do it. Often they are very helpful ("Treasure ahead") ("Tongue But Hole").

Shades/Bloodstains - these are also awesome. There's nothing creepier than seeing bloodstains all over the ground as you approach a new area and thinking "oh.... fuck" stand on one and watch some poor shlub in his last moments of life. It doesn't show environmental things, so you don't see WHAT is killing him, just that he died. Sometimes it's just some dude jumping off a cliff, other times its a dude fighting for his life, sometimes you have no clue how the dude died.

But, I for one think these are some important ass features. They are much different than online stuff in any other series and you shouldn't miss out on them.

das dumb dood. online is an important half of the game.

NG and NG+ 2 playthrus, 1 offline, 1 online... equals half lol

Besides I'm not too keen on forking over for PS+ right, but I know you can download the patches w/o it, as long as you can get online.

Just an idea, besides its always more challenging alone and any playthru with summons isn't truly blind.  although I don't mind when people show me hidden treasure/areas.  What I don't like is when I summon a boss-runner on my first time in an area.