Hail to the Theif Captiol vs. Parlaphone

Well my Coldplay records came in today and they are the Capitol versions. US Amazon listings seem to be wrong.

Its hard with these as Parlophone is the actual label that signed Coldplay and Radiohead, whereas Capitol was the distributor for their releases in the US, so while Capitol pressed these albums, all the album rights themselves belong to Parlophone. That being said, thats Amazon's bad for not putting the manufacturer information in regards to the label, Capitol, instead of just putting the label that the release originated from, Parlophone. Either way, good to know; very misleading, Amazon!

It doesn't match anything I see on Discogs.  It matches what Wymans posted earlier

Side a:
532765^ BC80243-01 A^ MK
Side b: 
532765^ BC80243-01 B^ MK
Side c:
532766^ BC80243-02 C^ MK
Side d:
532766^ BC80243-02 D^ MK

The most current European release doesn't show the runouts on Discogs.  I'm wondering if they were there if it would match those.

It doesn't match anything I see on Discogs.  It matches what Wymans posted earlier

Side a:532765^ BC80243-01 A^ MKSide b: 532765^ BC80243-01 B^ MKSide c:532766^ BC80243-02 C^ MKSide d:532766^ BC80243-02 D^ MK

The most current European release doesn't show the runouts on Discogs.  I'm wondering if they were there if it would match those.

Ha! Thanks for saving me a BB gamble. I agree this odd Amnesiac press sounds pretty good.

Did you happen to order any other Radiohead vinyl from BB?

So, mystery solved. OK Computer is still the only pressing still using the original plates and you can import it without gambling for about $6-8 more.

Kid A, Amnesiac, and Hail to the Thief didn't magically go back to their best masters so if you want copies of those you'll have to visit the secondary market. ALL THREE of those records have unique dead wax markings so they are easy to tell apart from the other pressings.

Lastly, Parlophone discs are in Capitol jackets because magic. Either way it doesn't matter because you can get whatever they're hiding without gambling for them, not that you'd want to for anything but OK Computer.

I'm sure a lot of you are happy about whatever pressing you have of Amnesiac, Kid A etc., but please don't spread misinformation.

Damn this is confusing. 

I took a gamble and just ordered OK Computer from Amazon US... Capitol sleeves... Capitol pressing.  :unsure:

They're easy with returns, of course, so I'm just sending it back and reordering from Amazon UK instead. It's only about $27 and change.

The funny thing, I've always been satisfied with the US press, but now I'm kinda expecting this amazing upgrade with the AAA plates. We shall see.

I've been satisfied with the US presses of Kid A and Amnesiac, so I guess it depends on how much better OKC sounds before I decide to hunt those down on the secondary market. Just to confirm:

Kid A, Amnesiac, HTTT = Parlophone original press (best), Capitol (worst), new Parlophone press with different deadwax numbers (??)

It would be nice if someone who owns the original Parlophones could compare one of these "new" presses to their original and see if there's a noticeable (negative?) difference.

Why can't Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab just remaster all of these albums?

I really dont think they require remastering, especially amnesiac/kidA..  All their albums sound pretty damn great if pressed properly (and you splurge for the "deluxe" versions)

I'd like to see mofi take on deloused by tmv, that could use a little more air in it.

ps. picked up a capitol reissue of pablo yesterday (im the biggest radiohead fan but never bothered with pablo) from the used bin.. clean copy but a noisy pressing, yuck.

Damn this is confusing. 

I took a gamble and just ordered OK Computer from Amazon US... Capitol sleeves... Capitol pressing.  :unsure:

They're easy with returns, of course, so I'm just sending it back and reordering from Amazon UK instead. It's only about $27 and change.

The funny thing, I've always been satisfied with the US press, but now I'm kinda expecting this amazing upgrade with the AAA plates. We shall see.

I've been satisfied with the US presses of Kid A and Amnesiac, so I guess it depends on how much better OKC sounds before I decide to hunt those down on the secondary market. Just to confirm:

Kid A, Amnesiac, HTTT = Parlophone original press (best), Capitol (worst), new Parlophone press with different deadwax numbers (??)

It would be nice if someone who owns the original Parlophones could compare one of these "new" presses to their original and see if there's a noticeable (negative?) difference.

Someone send me the new Parlophone pressings and I'll compare. I'll send them back ;)