Going Overseas (Question For UK / Euro Friends)

Hey Guys - I'm going overseas next week for work and have a couple of days off in the following cities.

Wanted to see if you could recommend any good records stores / things to do in the follow cities.

Thank you!!

3/19 Arrival/ Day Off Brussels
3/23 Stockholm
3/28 London
4/1 Manchester
4/5 Newcastle
4/9 London

RE: London,

I third the Sister Ray recommendation on Berwick. They moved to a new store last year...right opposite their old one - so not hard to find. The guys and gals there are super lovely and there's a good selection. They also opened up a vinyl-only store on Shoreditch High St if you're around there. I've not been yet (plan to soon) but it looks great.

I was going to suggest the usual Old Spitalfields record fair but they only run on the 2nd Saturday and the 1st & 3rd Fridays of the month - but your dates don't seem to match up to any of them. They'd be nice to check out if your around then - mostly second-hand but some brilliant bargains to be found.

As far as Brussels goes, I went in December and would suggest you check out a place called "Moeder Lambic" if you like beer and platters of meat, cheese, bread, and pâté. There and the Delirium Café are definitely worth a visit.

There's also a place called "The Collector Record & Movie Gallery" on Beursstraat that's supposedly worth a look (I didn't get a chance unfortunately).

speaking for manchester:

piccadilly records (oldham st)

vinyl exchange (oldham st)

v revlution (oldham st, dont know if they still do records though?)

hmv in arndale

fopp (off market street)

theres an urban outfitters on market st aswell, they have vinyl on the 3rd floor

thats all i can think of at the moment! theres loads of things to do in manchester, check out the library in st peters square. food wise: reds true bbq, almost famous, gorilla.

The main HMV on Oxford Street is no longer there it's now a sports shop I think.

HMV is now at the Bond Street end of Oxford Street so you need Bond Street Tube rather than Oxford Circus or there is also one on Morgate.

Also another vote for Sister ray and Berwick Street/Soho in general as there are a few shops around there like Phonica in Poland Street catering for all sorts.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a bit of an update.

Just remembered and thought the days lined up to when you were heading to London. On 28/3 there's the Independent Label Market going on at Old Spitalfields. I've been going for years now and this won't be an exception.

Some brilliant releases (some UK only, some a bit more exclusive) going for incredibly cheap prices. It's such a wonderful atmosphere and you get to meet all the people who run labels like Domino, 4AD, XL, etc. I even got to meet and speak with Olafur Arnalds the last time.

It goes on all day and they've always got a craft beer market that's right by them.