PO: Muse - Drones (6/9/15)

Listening to the track as purchased off iTunes and the spoken parts are part of the track...and that shit is fucking...lame...

Love the music, but it just sounds like a long drawn out version of some of the jams they do at the end of songs in their live sets with a chorus added on. Yeah, it rocks and all, but there's nothing really standout or creative about it.

Underwhelmed. I hope this track isn't representative of the rest of the album.

Essentially that's what it is. They turned one of their live riffs into a full song.

My first reaction of this song is that it's such a typical Muse song nowadays, which I mean that in both a good & bad way. Riffage is sick, some cool parts to the lyrics, some very cringeworthy moments, some unnecessary filler (the drill sergeant in this case), but overall I think it'll slay in a live setting.

Gives me a huge Uprising vibe though.

• 1 month later...

We got a picture of the deluxe set now. Looks pretty nice and I like the tri-fold. I don't know what the standard release will have on the inside, but it will be a double gatefold. I caught them play at Webster hall last night and damn did they kill it. I avoided listening to the youtube clips of Reapers, so I was very surprised by that one. Probably going to end up getting the deluxe guy here.

MuseDronesDeluxe600.jpg