PO: Muse - Drones (6/9/15)

• 2 weeks later...

I freaking love Reapers. My fav so far.

I've grown to not expect much lyrically from Muse, so that aspect doesn't bother me anymore. As long as the songs sound great & they're fun to sing along to, I'm set.

I love all 4 songs thus far. I especially love how they flow together considering they are the first four on the album.

Got my red deluxe yesterday. Overall I love the album & think it's their best since Absolution. Only song I'm having trouble with thus far is Aftermath. Sexy as hell beginning, but the rest sounds like some cheesy church song.

And I love the poppy Revolt. Very fun song imo.

The Globalist has the meanest riff in Muse's history, but it ends way too prematurely. But after that wears off I actually love the piano ending into Drones.

Speaking as someone who regards Muse's first 4 full-lengths as 4 of the greatest records of all time (as well as some awesome EP material) and who at least enjoyed their last two records, I find Drones to be pretty terrible. There were only a few moments where I was momentarily drawn to a riff or something, but was always turned off by some cheesy sample or synth clip seconds later.

It really feels like they don't care anymore, which really sucks.

Oh well, I'll just go watch Hullabaloo for the millionth time.

Speaking as someone who regards Muse's first 4 full-lengths as 4 of the greatest records of all time (as well as some awesome EP material) and who at least enjoyed their last two records, I find Drones to be pretty terrible. There were only a few moments where I was momentarily drawn to a riff or something, but was always turned off by some cheesy sample or synth clip seconds later.

It really feels like they don't care anymore, which really sucks.

Oh well, I'll just go watch Hullabaloo for the millionth time.

Hullabaloo is one of my favorite live DVDs.  So much energy without all the big fancy stadium production.  

Hullabaloo needs to be reissued on vinyl, along with a complete b-sides collection.

Yes yes yes yes. The live recordings from this are some of my favorite things ever to listen to. The DVD is hard to watch without getting a migrane.

Back to "Drones", I guess I try & not to compare them to old Muse anymore & it helps me like/appreciate the newer stuff more.