PO: The Story So Far - Self Titled

"Tell your busniess to stop making money and start catering to what """I'''' want"

Yeah, cuz those major label release make so much money. Call Tracks in Bloomington, Indiana and ask how many Born in the USA RSD copies they have. "Way too fuckin' many" will be your response unless you talk to the more-than-out-of-touch owner.

The vinyl pressing plant doesn't care if the album sells, once they press it they've made their money and are done...

just like labels (by and far) don't acre if you resell the album you bought, they've made their money, the fact that their record sells for 100 after the fact doesn't make them anymore money after the sale

Yeah, cuz those major label release make so much money. Call Tracks in Bloomington, Indiana and ask how many Born in the USA RSD copies they have. "Way too fuckin' many" will be your response unless you talk to the more-than-out-of-touch owner.

Do you think The Story So Far is bigger than Bruce Springsteen?

"Please build more pressing plants so that when this artificial bubble pops in a few years the millions you spent is maybe recouped anD you break even....maybe"

Do I want more pressing plants? yes.

If I owned a pressing plant, would I build more? no.

thats just bad busniess

people seem to forget that its not about the collectors, its about making money to them.

"Please build more pressing plants so that when this artificial bubble pops in a few years the millions you spent is maybe recouped anD you break even....maybe"

Do I want more pressing plants? yes.

If I owned a pressing plant, would I build more? no.

thats just bad busniess

people seem to forget that its not about the collectors, its about making money to them.

Can't remember which plant it is, but one company is building a second plant. So apparently it isn't such bad business.

United. It's just really difficult to actually get a pressing plant built which is why new ones almost never open up.

I know. But for these people to act like a new plant opening is bad for business, that's just absurd.

A lot of people are gonna be upset when the vinyl bubble doesn't burst. Almost everyone I know collects or wants to. The price of a decent turntable turns most people away.

I know. But for these people to act like a new plant opening is bad for business, that's just absurd.

A lot of people are gonna be upset when the vinyl bubble doesn't burst. Almost everyone I know collects or wants to. The price of a decent turntable turns most people away.

I personally can't see it not bursting. Tons of people I know are scooping up shitty record players to play their grandma's old records and buying a few new ones. The fad will eventually die out. That being said, I don't necessarily see more pressing plants as a bad thing, I'm just not going to get up in arms if a mediocre pop punk release gets delayed by a month.

I see what both of you are saying. I just think a lot of people buy records because of what you get from it. Sound quality aside, you get the artwork blown up to ~12"x12". Gatefolds, inserts, and usually a download card or CD. Vinyl has a lot of perks if you buy new music. Represses are great, but I mainly buy new releases.

Call TSSF mediocre if you wish, but I actually think they're a lot different than most of the current pop-punk bands. Way more aggressive.

A lot of people buy records because a lot of other people are buying records. I'm not saying you, or probably the majority of the people here who actually buy them because of what you listed, but a huge percentage are buying records because they're trendy right now. I don't know how long that will last for. It could be 3 years or it could be 10+. I'm personally happy that vinyl is popular because more things are getting pressed. Most of it doesn't interest me, but hey, if someone else can pick up an album that they're into on vinyl, I think it's great.

Don't get me wrong, I used to love TSSF. I actually think While You Were Sleeping is one of my favourite EP's. USAD was good too but after that I feel they really dropped off in terms of song writing. I've liked the few songs I've heard from this album so far and I'll probably pick it up if the whole thing is good. I just really don't think they're doing anything to set them apart from any other band playing the same genre.

I had a blast when I saw them right after they released USAD and again on the Glamour Kills tour. The latter was one of the best sets I've ever seen. It was a blast, and while they've never had the greatest stage presence, it wasn't bad from what I remember. Then, shortly after that, they really blew up, and it hasn't been the same since.

I saw them for the Glamour Kills Tour and I agree with you, but I believe they had a back-up guitarist and drummer filling in for them (not sure about the bassist). So that was probably part of their lack of stage presence

Holler at me in 3 years when Urban outfitters doesn't sell vinyl anymore because it doesn't sell

being "vintage" and trendy will die out, it always does and we will see vinyl production drop again

when that time comes the plants will slow, some might even close

I see what both of you are saying. I just think a lot of people buy records because of what you get from it. Sound quality aside, you get the artwork blown up to ~12"x12". Gatefolds, inserts, and usually a download card or CD. Vinyl has a lot of perks if you buy new music. Represses are great, but I mainly buy new releases.

Call TSSF mediocre if you wish, but I actually think they're a lot different than most of the current pop-punk bands. Way more aggressive.

You guys mention very good points but I think one of the main reasons buying records has gotten popular again is because of the downfall of CD's. Everyone used to want CD's so they could play them in the car and whatnot... but ever since all these cars have been made with aux jacks instead (or you can buy adapters if you have an old car.. or buy an afterstock headunit), there really isn't a good reason to buy a CD anymore. So if you want a hard copy, vinyl is the way to go.

But yeah it's definitely a trend and will probably fade out a little bit, but not to the point where plants need to close. I also buy vinyl for bands I want to support b/c of the download cards as well. Plus having a hard copy and watching it spin is always cool, even if you have a Crosley. (I dont.. I'm an audiophile.. but just sayin')

image1_zpsj6ve0vpd.png

so who wants to pick me up one?

Seriously haha. Of course they're ending the tour in northern california so I'm going to assume they'll sell out before I'll be able to get one.

My friend is gonna try to grab an extra or two when he sees them next week so I'll let you know if he comes through.

Seriously haha. Of course they're ending the tour in northern california so I'm going to assume they'll sell out before I'll be able to get one.

My friend is gonna try to grab an extra or two when he sees them next week so I'll let you know if he comes through.

Sweet! I have a few friends going to Spring Fling this weekend, I'm hoping they can snag one for me.