PO: The Story So Far - Self Titled

When I said that, I was being a douchebag, but these songs show more progression from Under Soil and Dirt than What You Don't See or whatever the other album was called. Sounds like TSSF on auto-pilot again. USAD was a kickass album. They are in a similar boat to Transit for me. L&F was such a good album that expectations for the next album were just incredibly high, and I have since been let down twice.

WYDS bummed me out because it sounded exactly like USAD. This album doesn't make me feel anything because I just don't care anymore, lol. I am looking forward to hearing the whole thing, though.

All these songs jam! I'm so excited for this album to come out. And now that I think about it, after news that this was a self titled album, it would make sense if they broke up. It's almost like a last offering with the album title being in their name. I don't want to believe it, but it's a big possibility. Damn this would be one of the worst Pop-Punk break-ups of all time! Not this soon! Give us at least 2 more albums and another acoustic EP. lol 

This album is going to kick so much ass though, I can definitely see the progression, do I like it? Kind of. Would I like to see them replicate the old gritty sound? of course, but as an artist, you don't want to keep replicating the same thing over and over again. It gets boring. 

And now that I think about it, after news that this was a self titled album, it would make sense if they broke up. It's almost like a last offering with the album title being in their name. I don't want to believe it, but it's a big possibility. Damn this would be one of the worst Pop-Punk break-ups of all time! Not this soon! Give us at least 2 more albums and another acoustic EP. lol

Seriously? You want two more full lengths and another EP of basically the same material? I know you're probably kidding, but damn that would be so boring for both the band and the people that listen to them. 

Seriously? You want two more full lengths and another EP of basically the same material? I know you're probably kidding, but damn that would be so boring for both the band and the people that listen to them. 

.......no... I said I want at least 2 more albums and an EP from them. Didn't say I wanted it to sound the same. You obviously didn't read what I said about them progressing. I did state that having them replicate their sound on albums gets boring. Not sure if you missed that, but it's there if you want to read it over. 

Honestly, with some of this shit this band puts up with from their fans, I would want to call it quits too. It's not worth it. From what I've read, that's not it, but I'll be damned if it isn't part of the reason. I like me some pop punk, especially these guys, but the fans sometimes are some other level.

.......no... I said I want at least 2 more albums and an EP from them. Didn't say I wanted it to sound the same. You obviously didn't read what I said about them progressing. I did state that having them replicate their sound on albums gets boring. Not sure if you missed that, but it's there if you want to read it over. 

To be honest, I kind of stopped reading your post after this:

Damn this would be one of the worst Pop-Punk break-ups of all time! Not this soon! Give us at least 2 more albums and another acoustic EP. lol

Honestly, with some of this shit this band puts up with from their fans, I would want to call it quits too. It's not worth it. From what I've read, that's not it, but I'll be damned if it isn't part of the reason. I like me some pop punk, especially these guys, but the fans sometimes are some other level.

I have witnessed multiple kids relentlessly badger these dudes when theyre trying to relax/ talk to others. couldn't put up with that for a week let alone years

I have witnessed multiple kids relentlessly badger these dudes when theyre trying to relax/ talk to others. couldn't put up with that for a week let alone years

I mean shit, they even addressed the issue themselves in a tweet.

b2AIqYY.png

Seems like some (not all) of their fans are pretty overwhelming.

I say they go on a two year hiatus, and they focus on their own side projects, and then they come back for a new LP. It would make sense that they would want to take a break. Every band goes through a some type of hiatus. Also, they have been consistently putting out music over the past 5 years, they deserve a break. 

another acoustic EP. lol

i would never ask that from any pop-punk band, ever. what a waste

I say they go on a two year hiatus, and they focus on their own side projects, and then they come back for a new LP. It would make sense that they would want to take a break. Every band goes through a some type of hiatus. Also, they have been consistently putting out music over the past 5 years, they deserve a break. 

not only that, but maybe a hiatus would help them come back and write something, i don't know, new?

man, i'm just over these guys... it's just not getting better or different. their shows aren't even enjoyable anymore. they'll be up here in portland in june or july and i'm politely declining. it was more fun when there were just 20 of us in an empty pit than me stuck in the middle of the 2,000 screaming 16-year-olds. a pedophile's dream come true, but not mine.

their shows aren't even enjoyable anymore. 

This so much. I couldn't stand the last two times I saw them. I had a blast when I saw them right after they released USAD and again on the Glamour Kills tour. The latter was one of the best sets I've ever seen. It was a blast, and while they've never had the greatest stage presence, it wasn't bad from what I remember. Then, shortly after that, they really blew up, and it hasn't been the same since. This all probably sounds lame. But I adored USAD when it came out. I listened to it constantly for a year. And now, they seem just as 'meh' about the whole thing as I am. 

EDIT: Sorry for the semi-rant. All this shit that's happened with this band over the past few years just really bums me out. 

man, i'm just over these guys... it's just not getting better or different. their shows aren't even enjoyable anymore. they'll be up here in portland in june or july and i'm politely declining. it was more fun when there were just 20 of us in an empty pit than me stuck in the middle of the 2,000 screaming 16-year-olds. a pedophile's dream come true, but not mine.

Yeah I remember being 19.