(PO Now) mewithoutYou - Pale Horses

I think this is my new favorite album. I really loved Brother, Sister but this is everything I wanted from mewithoutYou. Lilac Queen is such a jam.

Absolutely with you on this. It has the variation of pretty much all the previous albums combined, the storytelling of Ten Stories, melodies of Brother, Sister, the more tender sounds of It's Alright, It's All A Dream and the agressiveness of Catch For Us The Foxes. Amazing stuff.

And I love the fact that they reprise the melodies of previous tracks as they go more into the album. Especially the fact that the notes on the opening track coincide with the closer.

Been jamming it nonstop like most of you on here and going through previous albums, as well. Silly to think that for a second that I almost led myself to think I could hold out until August. So glad I listened. ^_^

And I can't get over Rainbow signs.

Here's quite a nice, albeit short, write-up on it. http://thekey.xpn.org/2015/06/16/aaron-weiss-mewithoutyou/

I haven't listened to this album very much since I got the CD at the show but the few times I have listened have been significantly ecstatic experiences. I've been too preoccupied with replaying the new High On Fire that I haven't given this album all that much time but as I said, the listens I've had have been great and each new one better than the last. I can't think of a single low point on this album. There's nothing that's even just kind of lesser than the rest or whatever. Its all so solid. Even the shorter tracks which I usually feel are lacking when bands place what my OCD would normally consider "half-songs" on the album ("Pale Horse" and "Dorothy") which are only considered that way because they are so short and seem to lack standard song structure resolution. The only lingering OCD "issue" I have with this album is that it doesn't cross the 40 minute mark even though it is just under it. I have weird duration standards for full-length LP's and I'm pretty sure 40:00 is the least my weird brain will accept for the format. Other than that stupid stuff, yeah, this album is full on awesome.

The only lingering OCD "issue" I have with this album is that it doesn't cross the 40 minute mark even though it is just under it. I have weird duration standards for full-length LP's and I'm pretty sure 40:00 is the least my weird brain will accept for the format. 

I would say at least 2/3 of all single LPs are under 40 minutes, and that ratio is probably higher with modern LPs now that there are fewer skilled lathe cutters able to cut tightly enough without compromising the sound.

Also, Ramones self-titled is 29:04 and it's better than almost every other album, so there you go.

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/rank-your-records-mewithoutyou-aaron-michael-weiss

Can't wait to get the deluxe package and delve a little deeper in to the lyrics. A lot of mentions of my home state: "at the Idaho courts to affirm our divorce," "I'll come back to Idaho soon," "Venus of the Gem state," "threw a curse at the Boise sky." Anyone have an idea what the relevance to the band is?

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/rank-your-records-mewithoutyou-aaron-michael-weiss

Can't wait to get the deluxe package and delve a little deeper in to the lyrics. A lot of mentions of my home state: "at the Idaho courts to affirm our divorce," "I'll come back to Idaho soon," "Venus of the Gem state," "threw a curse at the Boise sky." Anyone have an idea what the relevance to the band is?

His new wife is from Idaho. That's it.

Not sure how you can't notice a stand out track whether it's on your first listen or your tenth. I do agree the album flows very well and is cohesive, but tracks like Red Cow, LilacQueen, and Rainbow Signs - it wasn't hard for me to find a stand out track.

Very intrigued on listening to the Appendix tracks but it looks like we are going to have to wait until the deluxe preorders start being delivered.

Not sure how you can't notice a stand out track whether it's on your first listen or your tenth. I do agree the album flows very well and is cohesive, but tracks like Red Cow, LilacQueen, and Rainbow Signs - it wasn't hard for me to find a stand out track.

Very intrigued on listening to the Appendix tracks but it looks like we are going to have to wait until the deluxe preorders start being delivered.

Mexican War Streets smacked me around on first listen. Guess that's my standout. Something about Rainbow though, just..different and beautiful.

I would say at least 2/3 of all single LPs are under 40 minutes, and that ratio is probably higher with modern LPs now that there are fewer skilled lathe cutters able to cut tightly enough without compromising the sound.

Also, Ramones self-titled is 29:04 and it's better than almost every other album, so there you go.

I think that's more of a genre specific generalization. Punk records are shorter in general. TBS's Tell All Your Friends is something like 35 minutes. But in every other genre that I own a single LP for, the duration is more like 40 to 47, the latter of which is obviously way pushing it on LP capacity.

Sorry if this is somewhere in the replies, but has anyone heard plans to release a non-deluxe edition on vinyl?

Run for Cover records had a pressing on sale the same day the deluxe went up. Obviously only the less limited ones are still available.

http://runforcoverrecords.limitedrun.com/products/550452-mewithoutyou-pale-horses