(PO Now) mewithoutYou - Pale Horses

Just meant writing relevant music. There are bands still putting out stuff and the vast majority of people stopped caring a long time ago. Example - Metallica.

I'm out of the loop on this band and really didn't realize they were still writing music. But obviously it seems this band doesn't fall into the Metallica category.

I guess I need to go back and listen to some of their stuff after the first album.

Anyway. Was just curious. Hope the best for you guys and them!

I know I'm months late on your post but come on.  mewithoutYou has not stopped in those 15 years and their core of fans is still there. Also, whether or not you like Metallica anymore doesn't make them irrelevant.  (In saying that, I am not a fan of Metallica anymore)  They still sell out arenas, so they are still relevant as well.... maybe not as much as they were in 1991, but their fans are filling the seats nightly.

I can't get over how incredible this album is lyrically. I know a lot of people don't like the effect on his vocals this time around but I think it really adds a lot to the songs. Makes them a tad darker, which in my opinion is perfect for these songs. My wife and I are seeing them on the 14th in Indy. Can't wait!

I love how every album of theirs is so different, yet not at the same time.  They are one of the few bands where the vocal style changes so much.

About ten listens in. I don't love everything, but damn that last song is killing me.

I bought "Ten Stories" and downloaded "Pale Horses" on the same day. Ive also listened to them about 10-12 time each. My opinion is "Ten Stories" is WAY better than "Pale Horses".

I also agree the last song on "Pales Horses", Rainbow Signs is incredible.

I think "Brother, Sister" is their best work though.

Just one mans opinion folks!

I bought "Ten Stories" and downloaded "Pale Horses" on the same day. Ive also listened to them about 10-12 time each. My opinion is "Ten Stories" is WAY better than "Pale Horses".

I also agree the last song on "Pales Horses", Rainbow Signs is incredible.

I think "Brother, Sister" is their best work though.

Just one mans opinion folks!

I have yet to listen to Ten Stories and Its All Crazy. The latter arrived on vinyl today so I'm pretty excited to give it a listen tonight. As of yet Catch For Us The Foxes and Brothers & Sisters are far up above their other releases, but I enjoyed the hell out of all them in the last couple weeks.

Which album would you guys recommend next? This was my first mwY album, and it's fantastic.

I'd just start chronologically from "A>B Life", its pretty neat to see their progression. It's definitely got their least amount of sung vocals, so if thats bothersome you could start at CFUTF (which is the album that hooked me when it came out)

I'd just start chronologically from "A>B Life", its pretty neat to see their progression. It's definitely got their least amount of sung vocals, so if thats bothersome you could start at CFUTF (which is the album that hooked me when it came out)

I think I agree with this. Their albums get slightly less aggressive chronologically with the exception of Its All Crazy being a completely dip in any aggression and then it sort of comes back with Ten Stories to a certain degree and maybe plateaus on Pale Horses but there's a bit more aggression on PH than TS.

The only I album I don't really care for much is Its All Crazy!... I respect the attempt to change pace but overall it just didn't work for me. It seemed like the logical next step for them after Brother, Sister and I honestly never thought they'd make another album let alone one with any intense rock and shouting again but I was proven wrong.

Thanks for the recs. Harsh vocals definitely don't bother me, I listen to hardcore and skramz and all that. I heard a bit of CFUTF before and loved it, so I'll start with that.

Every album rules, but AB is their worst in my opinion. There's really no way to get into this band without starting at the beginning though. Every record is a progression from the last, so even if you don't like It's All Crazy, you'll hear it in its correct context, as the follow-up to Brother, Sister.