(PO Now) mewithoutYou - Pale Horses

I know it's not the bands fault at all, but this is a pretty ridiculous pre-order. Had my hopes up of getting my copy in soon, but since I ordered black, guess I won't. My mail carrier is going to hate me next week.

I know it's not the bands fault at all, but this is a pretty ridiculous pre-order. Had my hopes up of getting my copy in soon, but since I ordered black, guess I won't. My mail carrier is going to hate me next week.

Hell of a PO time. I think the only thing I have beating these turnaround times is the Dine Alone bundle ill be waiting 8-10 months for.

Hell of a PO time. I think the only thing I have beating these turnaround times is the Dine Alone bundle ill be waiting 8-10 months for.

That is really ridiculous. We know pressing plants are super backed up, so can we stop putting POs up so early please?

That is really ridiculous. We know pressing plants are super backed up, so can we stop putting POs up so early please?

The longer the turnaround time the more sense it makes for an early pre-order. If it takes 7 months to get a record pressed that's 7 months the label has a large sum of money tied up. If the label is small enough or stretched thin enough having that money essentially in limbo could cause them to have to delay other pressings. If a label has thousands of dollars invested in a product they won't see for more than half a year that's money they don't have to get the ball rolling on other projects.

I don't care about how long a pre-order takes to get to me as long as there's communication from the label regarding it. Keep people informed and they'll, hopefully, be more understanding.

The longer the turnaround time the more sense it makes for an early pre-order. If it takes 7 months to get a record pressed that's 7 months the label has a large sum of money tied up. If the label is small enough or stretched thin enough having that money essentially in limbo could cause them to have to delay other pressings. If a label has thousands of dollars invested in a product they won't see for more than half a year that's money they don't have to get the ball rolling on other projects.

I don't care about how long a pre-order takes to get to me as long as there's communication from the label regarding it. Keep people informed and they'll, hopefully, be more understanding.

That is one way to look at it. My problem with that is they are pretty muhc using a preorder as an investment or donation to do more work. If something should happen in that 7 months, and the record never comes out, the customers are screwed out of their money. Both ways make sense, and it's up to the consumer to decide if they like that business model or not.

Dads - Brush Your Teeth...Again was like 10 months. I felt really bad for Broken World. Especially since they had a falling out with Dads in that span of time

It's amazing how BWM has been able to rebuild respect since then. I applaud them so much for learning from that to make a well oiled label.

Hope Orchid Tapes does the same but we'll see...

As bad as that looks compared to the mock up, I serious wondered how they were gonna get a smooth ass rainbow in that record. I'm not surprised by the actual look, it's just... You coulda said 'hand-dipped unique' records like Tobacco and the Flaming Lips did and no one would have been disappointed by the look.