(PO Now) mewithoutYou - Pale Horses

This really is an unfortunate turn of events, what with this album being so so good and the regular version coming out so nicely. As much as i like the deluxe packaging the jacket just feels a bit cheap, its looking like everyones lyric booklet is ripped or glued in (ive also seen some say their book didnt include mexican war streets), and this c/d mix up is really a punch to the gut. For me at least, those extra songs were the main reason i went with the deluxe, they aren't included in the download and not having a cd player are essentially still unobtainable. That being said Michael who is handling their mail order responded quickly, and even gave me an address if I wanted to send back the extra a/b disc.

The songs are included in the download. It's 19 tracks. Build up that FLAC library, brother.

Digital downloads up somewhere, or only with the code from your order? I don't see any links in my confirmation email.

There's a SUPER small slip of paper that has a code you'll type in to download it from bandcamp. Mine was inside the left sleeve of the jacket. If you can't find yours I can just send you over the tracks from the Appendix.

That being said, I really enjoyed the Appendix. A lot more low-key and laid back than I was expecting, and Greg's remix was really great. Gave the track a whole new feel.

The songs are included in the download. It's 19 tracks. Build up that FLAC library, brother.

weird thats what i assumed too, but the mail order dude said they werent included in that and sent me a dropbox of the 9 songs.  stoked to have them now either way!

ive listened to the cassette version of this for so long, some of the nuances that dont come through in that are really great. lots more spacey vocal effects on some songs than i imagined.

Edit: 500th post :)

I guess I really lucked out. Mine had literally no problems, minus the lyric book having a small seam split at the bottom cause it may have been shoved in there. Although, I'm now wondering is only the people who got an autographed version getting problems with theirs? Mine was not autographed, but honestly I'm not that bummed cause I thought they'd sign the poster or lyric book or something and not a card insert.

Suprised nobody has mentioned (unless I missed it) that the Appendix CD and Vinyl has a 9th (hidden) instrumental track.

According to the band manager on Reddit,

"There is a very specific reason why its on there. The track has an internal name but you can just call it Guitar Instrumental."

Someone on Reddit made an interesting observation,

"I love it. It's very reminiscent of a previous album track. Since Aaron writes the lyrics, we hear him dealing with the death of his father throughout the album whereas Mike doesn't have the same platform. I see this as Mike's way of working through similar emotions musically."

Hey Mike Almquist from mewithoutYou here. If you have damaged or missing parts, just contact [email protected] and I will help you try and get replacements. Unfortunately the plant seems to have taken less care than we would have. We've only had about 8 or 9 people hit us up so far. We should have enough overprinting resources to cover everyone. Hopefully this problem isn't too widespread, but we want people to be happy with the product they paid $50 + shipping for. Not much I can do abou the missing Dorothy lyrics though.

So is it 2 a/b labels or 2 a/b discs that you guys are getting?

Two discs containing a/b and labeled a/b. My second disc even came in the appendix sleeve. Mike was pretty quick to email me back saying he could send a replacement c/d and him chiming in here is cool too. Nice to know someone is personally on top of what's going on.