(PO Now) mewithoutYou - Pale Horses

I'm not crazy about the bonus tracks too much. The werewolf song is good cuz it's very different. But overall I can see why these are "bonus" tracks. I do hope you guys who have been waiting enjoy them though. The actual record itself is wonderful and features some of Aarons best lyric writing ever.

As far as the packaging, I'm pretty damn upset that something I paid 50 bucks for was ruined. But the band looks like they're gonna do something about it, so that's a plus. Just hoping my black deluxe isn't ruined also.

Did anyone catch the TWIABP reference in one of the Appendix tracks? i like to think it's a "thank you" for the mwY reference in "Gig Life."

Yes! I just noticed this last night and had to play it back to make sure I heard that correctly. I personally love the bonus tracks. Hebrew Children is a little strange but other than that, they're all great. It took a couple listens but the alternate version of Red Cow has really grown on me. The TWIABP reference is on Blue Hen in case anyone was wondering.

Black deluxe arrived to Sweden today, 99% ok, spine was a bit messed up and a little seam split on the lyric booklet, otherwise super satisfied. Can't wait to dive into the bonus tracks. 

I'm pretty sure I didn't ordered the signed/numbered version, but got it anyways. 142/2000.

La so la la so la la la so

Black deluxe arrived to Sweden today, 99% ok, spine was a bit messed up and a little seam split on the lyric booklet, otherwise super satisfied. Can't wait to dive into the bonus tracks.

I'm pretty sure I didn't ordered the signed/numbered version, but got it anyways. 142/2000.

La so la la so la la la so

Oh you must've gotten mine, just send it my way thanks

Got both my black and rainbow in the same box yesterday. Black copy sounds amazing. I have all four correct sides between the two discs. Interestingly the rainbow one has printed inners and the black only has basic white. Some portions of the many die cuts have been a bit roughed up possibly during assembly. Still its really cool. I like having the extra acoutrement that comes with the deluxe but I would really love to have that black single LP in the single pocket jacket just for ease of access and storage. I just hate the power of the GBP over the USD.

Got both my black and rainbow in the same box yesterday. Black copy sounds amazing. I have all four correct sides between the two discs. Interestingly the rainbow one has printed inners and the black only has basic white. Some portions of the many die cuts have been a bit roughed up possibly during assembly. Still its really cool. I like having the extra acoutrement that comes with the deluxe but I would really love to have that black single LP in the single pocket jacket just for ease of access and storage. I just hate the power of the GBP over the USD.

I was thinking the same thing. I'll most likely end up buying a single LP version so I've one to display in a record frame with the rest of my mwY records. I thought that was strange about the white inserts as opposed to printed. I thought with both being deluxe versions, they'd have all the same stuff.

A lot of times the 180g variant will have the classic rounded paper sleeves when coming from pirates / GZ. It's weird because their normal white sleeves are those terrible almost square sleeves with the folds on the inside so you always get nice paper scuffs.

That is strange. I tossed mine out the second I got them, I hate those sleeves. Tossed them in some mofi sleeves.

http://genius.com/Mewithoutyou-dorothy-annotated

The lyrics on that site aren't the same as on the records. Is there another version of Dorothy?

the annotation for that part reads:

"For the record, this line isn’t actually in the song as it’s sung on the album. On the album, Aaron says that he was “somewhere near Virginia rebuking Satan with ironic faithfulness.” The expanded version suggests that Aaron drew inspiration for the line from an old Gospel song about rebuking Satan and put this information in the lyric book as a nod to that."

which means some of the books were printed with correct lyrics. also holy shit the meanings behind some of the songs are crazy. magic lantern days was very interesting in particular.

I don't have the complete lyrics to "Red Cow" in my book. They just stop near the end and do not continue on the next page.

Yeah the way they did the lyrics it should continue on the next page and be followed by Dorthy but it accidentally reprinted the lyrics to Mexican War Streets. The band is looking into fixes 

Yeah the way they did the lyrics it should continue on the next page and be followed by Dorthy but it accidentally reprinted the lyrics to Mexican War Streets. The band is looking into fixes 

OK! I remember now barely reading something in this thread about missing lyrics to "Dorothy" that one of the band members addressed. I feel so bad for these dudes. They constantly try to make something special with their releases and shit keeps getting delayed and poorly assembled or prohibited by fuckhead Universal.

I love this band. They deserve better.

I hace received mine, after paying 27 € in custom taxes...

Also got two A/B discs and glued booklet. I have contacted them in order to get a solution:

We are filing a claim with the plant and we are working to resolve all issues. If you have any issues email [email protected] with your order number and pictures of the damages. It will help us mount a substantial case and give us the information to get you new pieces. We want everyone to feel secure and happy with their purchase.

I hace received mine, after paying 27 € in custom taxes...

Also got two A/B discs and glued booklet. I have contacted them in order to get a solution:

Oh snap. I really do hope I have better luck than that. I've been following the shitstorm from afar but have yet to man up to get the situation on my copy.

Got my customs notification a week ago already but haven't bothered with the hassle to declare it.

Hope the customs don't run as high. From my experience it's usually around 10€ with a package at that price and weight. 27€ is insane, half the price of the deluxe.

• 2 weeks later...