OUT NOW: Between the Buried and Me - Coma Ecliptic

So this went up today via their facebook:

We are excited to announce the Coma Ecliptic tour named after our forthcoming new album! Our tour will feature Animals As Leaders and The Contortionist
VIP Packages are on-sale now at: showstubs.com/btbam

Coma Ecliptic will be released via Metal Blade Records July 7th!

More about our new album:
"Once again, the band has returned with an ambitious concept album. This time, the story follows the wanderings of an unidentified man, stuck in a coma, as he journeys through his past lives. Each song is its own episode in a modern day, sort of The Twilight Zone-esque fashion. The unidentified man enters each world and is offered a choice: stay, or move on to the next in search of something better, something more "perfect." Vocalist / keyboardist Tommy Rogers spoke with Revolver Magazine for their upcoming issue, which will be on newsstands everywhere March 31st. Pick up the magazine for an exclusive first look at the album's recording process and concept. New music and pre-orders bundles will be launched on April 3rd, 2015."

11071080_10153225606338189_8953121094019

EDIT: Merch (including Vinyl) is up now:

http://www.indiemerch.com/metalbladerecords/band/between-the-buried-and-me

Saw this, looking forward to it even though I really didn't dig parallax 2 all that much. Wish they weren't skipping Seattle on the tour.

Yeah, bummed they aren't hitting here or Portland.  I missed them the last time they came through.

I loved Parallax, I hope this continues on that trajectory.

Yeah, bummed they aren't hitting here or Portland.  I missed them the last time they came through.

I loved Parallax, I hope this continues on that trajectory.

I loved Parallax part 1, on part 2 I just felt they were being ridiculous for the sake of it at times and it made some of the songs drag.

While I'll agree it's an amazing album, The Great Misdirect is probably their best work.

And I will not fight you.

The Great Misdirect is a great record to do literally anything while listening. Mow the lawn, cook some food, play some Borderlands, whatever. Awesome fuckin' record.

That being said, Colors is my fave. The first twenty seconds of Prequel To The Sequel still blows me away.

I feel like Colors is their best record, although The Silent Circus is my favorite. I find The Great Misdirect and everything since borderline unlistenable.

Every album from their self titled to Colors was a massive progression in their songwriting, and raw abilities, but I feel like they're just rehashing the same general ideas now, although, really, where else could they go after Colors?

I'd love to see them go back to something like The Silent Circus/Alaska, where they favor individual songs over a giant, over-arching album-long epic.

I feel like Colors is their best record, although The Silent Circus is my favorite. I find The Great Misdirect and everything since borderline unlistenable.

Every album from their self titled to Colors was a massive progression in their songwriting, and raw abilities, but I feel like they're just rehashing the same general ideas now, although, really, where else could they go after Colors?

I'd love to see them go back to something like The Silent Circus/Alaska, where they favor individual songs over a giant, over-arching album-long epic.

I'd have to agree that Colors is probably their best record. White Walls is probably their best song from start to finish, as well.

A while back on the Great Misdirect tour, they played "More of Myself to Kill" and I almost lost my shit. For them to play that song after progressing so much as musicians was quite the treat.

I think the post-Colors era is much better than the pre-Colors era.  I've really enjoyed everything they've released since Colors.  I also feel like they just keep getting better at honing their sound on each album.  One of the main things I really enjoy is the over-arching completeness of the album by making the songs not just songs, but different parts that flow into other parts.  I think they are really great at doing this.  Just my two cents.

• 2 weeks later...

i'm surprised to see that nobody favors alaska. i'll never forget how face melting that album was when it first came out. i had heard silent circus and thought it was crazy but it was like night and day with alaska. i like how it's not as grand an affair as their later stuff, how excellent Laser Speed is as a closing track, and how well every song stands on its own. 

and even though everyone rightfully cites Selkies for an example of guitar heroics, the entire album is just packed to the brim with weird and original guitar riffs, plus perfect tone/production that they've never really had quite as good since. out of all the tech death bands who play proggy btbam esque riffs and even the rest of btbams catalogue songs like Roboturner, All bodies, and ofc the ridiculous title track are still basically unmatched in my eyes. plus the breakdowns- especially the one that closes the insanity of Autodidact- are just wild.

Colors I feel was their last 10/10 masterpiece but their later stuff rules too. if any other band then BTBAM had released parallax they would've instantly been considered one of the best bands in metal. The great misdirect is also really good, although i'd probably say it's their worst album. i like to think of it as their "jammy" album, it's kind of hard to explain why i feel that way but it really comes out in Swim to the Moon i think. it's just a fun album that sounds like it came together quickly and organically, the solos have a more improvised feel.... Fossil Genera and desert of song don't hold up well as tracks on their own though, IMO.