NateFest

I'm actually going out and going to this! I'll be there Saturday and probably the after show too. I'll text you Dave if I'm definitely at the after show.

So stoked to see Bigwig. It's been almost 10 years since I've seen them.

Saturday night should be cool. Lots of old scumbags will be getting together.

I hate missing Grade but the Sunday bill is just killer. There are bands on it I haven't seen in 20 years which is sick.

Saturday night should be cool. Lots of old scumbags will be getting together.

I hate missing Grade but the Sunday bill is just killer. There are bands on it I haven't seen in 20 years which is sick.

Sounds cool! Also forgot to mention I'm stoked to The Curse Saturday night!

The afterparty was great - of course those nights at the Lanes are like old-dude reunions for me at this point. Always cool to be bragging about pictures of our kids with the same dudes I stood back to back with for so long.

Ok, Game Changer World and the show today:

1. That venue has THE WORST sound I've ever experienced. This coming from a guy who came of age at basement shows. Unbelievable how awful it was. I feel they fill a void for all-ages venues in that area but they are totally taking advantage of kids that have no other place to get the youth-oriented touring bands. They are totally cheating people with the complete shit quality of the sound.

2. The bands destroyed it however. The smaller stage was a blast. Ensign brought it hard but the Undertow set stole the night - I was pretty sure when it was over that the world was ended. I was happy to still find sunshine when I went outside and that time continued long enough for the Endeavor reunion. Holy shit they killed it - 17 years and still had it all. They obviously shook the space time continuum because I was shot back to 1993/94 and Sick of It All kicked it right off with Clobberin Time! 

Seriously, there wasn't a bad set played and everyone had their heart in it both on stage and for the right reasons. I came of age a hard core kid who found a place in a community that helped me makes sense of who I was and wanted to be. Seeing all these old-timers come together to raise much needed funds for a friend gave me chills a few times over. Simply awesome. All the organizers should feel great because they not only pulled of a monumental two days but set an example for how it should always be done. 

Ditto on what Dave said.

I feel like Tony from Killing Time...I can't hear a thing right now! I had a blast this weekend, but boy was the sound awful there. That small stage did sound much better, but not by much. I will definitely think twice before going there again. So much for seeing Underdog.

Regardless of how crappy that venue was with his soaking wet walls and muddy floor, this was a a special weekend and I am glad I could be a part of it. Growing up in NJ and seeing a lot of these bands as far back as 2004 and again now brought back so much nostalgia. So many killer sets I can't even pick a favorite. I am fortunate for seeing "Farceside" and "Underfaux" crush it for what it my first time seeing both. And having seen Nate many times from Ensign to Vision to The Fire Still Burns I was overjoyed to see him pick up that bass and end the Ensign set and even play a song with SOIA. These good vibes will hopefully hold with everyone who participated, especially Nate. Gluck Cancer!

Ditto on what Dave said.

I feel like Tony from Killing Time...I can't hear a thing right now! I had a blast this weekend, but boy was the sound awful there. That small stage did sound much better, but not by much. I will definitely think twice before going there again. So much for seeing Underdog.

Regardless of how crappy that venue was with his soaking wet walls and muddy floor, this was a a special weekend and I am glad I could be a part of it. Growing up in NJ and seeing a lot of these bands as far back as 2004 and again now brought back so much nostalgia. So many killer sets I can't even pick a favorite. I am fortunate for seeing "Farceside" and "Underfaux" crush it for what it my first time seeing both. And having seen Nate many times from Ensign to Vision to The Fire Still Burns I was overjoyed to see him pick up that bass and end the Ensign set and even play a song with SOIA. These good vibes will hopefully hold with everyone who participated, especially Nate. Gluck Cancer!

"Farceside" was just Popeye doing Farside songs acoustic right?

lol Nora are still a thing?  Thought for sure they would stop getting booked after the Melody closed.

They are on the Skate+Surf lineup but I don't see any plans for a new album. They have been playing shows again since 2013 but I haven't seen them in almost a decade prior to last night.

Did any of you guys catch Shai Hulud? If so, how were they?

I did and enjoyed it for the most part. Unfortunately, they played on the big stage so it was incredibly hard to hear anything. The band had a lot of energy though and played mostly stuff off Reach Beyond the Sun. 

I missed Full Speed Ahead and walked in to see Shai Hulud - I didn't know who was on when I walked in mind you. I stood there with a friend asking "Who is this?" I checked the schedule and was like - oh shit, this sounds so awful I didn't know who this was. That's how bad the sound was.