ON SALE NOW Awe Howler - Living With Spiders LP FFO Mineral, Balance & Composure

USE THE CODE VC5 FOR 5% OFF OF YOUR ORDER, CODE IS GOOD FOR LIFE

Hey friends. Some of you may already be aware, but me and another user who goes by the name captainaldous have started a record label called Butterfly Puke Records. What started as an experiment has bloomed into something very real, and I could not be more happy about it.

The first band we have released anything from is Awe Howler from our hometown in northern Illinois. It's hard to describe their exact style, but I'd say it sounds like a mix of Mineral, Sunny Day, but with obvious modern influence from the likes of Balance & Composure and Brand New.

Listen for yourself: http://www.awehowler.bandcamp.com/

Anyways, here comes the good part: we pressed their debut album on vinyl. This has been something I have wanted to do ever since I started collecting vinyl but just never had the money (and still don't :lol:) or real drive to do. Once me and Brandon heard their album, we knew we had to do this.

gAUKoVv.jpg

I won't bore you all with descriptions of the album, as I really feel that you should simply listen for yourself. It's fucking great and emotionally taxing. We have pressed the album on orange colored vinyl which is limited to 200 and orange with "butterfly puke" black splatter which is limited to 50 and exclusive to our webstore. The splatter variant comes housed in a die-cut hand-made slip cover which we painted, wax-sealed, and numbered. All of the records comes with a fold over, double sided lyric sheet and a hand-stamped, numbered envelope with a photo print and a download card. Oh, and it also comes with a bag of whole bean coffee and an exclusive pin.

Pin, hehe:

p6vfNJi.jpg?1

These will go on sale on today at 11am CST, along with cassette tapes and shirts we had made for the webstore.

VC has always been so damn supportive of me and Brandon doing this whole BPR thing, and I love you all.

Link to actual webstore: http://www.butterflypukerecords.bigcartel.com/

Standard vinyl will be $13, deluxe will be $18, deluxe bundle with a longsleeve and cassette tape will be $32, and shipping in the US for most things is $4. International will vary.

Oh hey, also I forgot to mention that there will be 2 test presses up for sale as well, each with a custom, hand-drawn and painted cover by my awesome girlfriend. Selling them for $45 because we're paying her $20 for each (which is criminally low for how awesome the designs look) and the test presses were $25 each for us.

Also, this will absolutely be available for a decent amount of time I'm assuming, as the band will have 75 copies to sell at shows, our webstore will have 155 copies to sell, and Exclusive Company, an incredible record store in Milwaukee, will have 20 copies to sell. BUT, once this goes out of print, it will most likely stay out of print, as we want to invest that money into another project that we will announce on Tuesday. B)

Seriously I will scream, cry and throw a big childish fit if I don't get that deluxe. My BF texted me last night and said he wanted it. I was like...

I KNOW!!!! I'VE BEEN FOLLOWING IT ON VC LIKE A MAD WOMAN.

I have a feeling these will sell out. It's good stuff, and it seems you guys have been doing a hell of a good job on getting the word out. Can't wait!