Left speaker loud noise

Hey there, 

I have been looking around the web to find a solution to this problem. 
When I start listening to an album, I randomly get those loud bangs on my left speaker. 

If the noise appears in the beginning of the record, it will come again randomly until the end of the side.

Here is a video a recorded earlier today. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqGCkBP2U5w&feature=youtu.be 

Sometime it does and sometime it doesn't so i'm pretty sure it is not the records. 

Do someone here has an idea where to problem might come from? Needle? Turntable? Receiver? Speakers?

Hey there,

I have been looking around the web to find a solution to this problem.

When I start listening to an album, I randomly get those loud bangs on my left speaker.

If the noise appears in the beginning of the record, it will come again randomly until the end of the side.

Here is a video a recorded earlier today.

Sometime it does and sometime it doesn't so i'm pretty sure it is not the records.

Do someone here has an idea where to problem might come from? Needle? Turntable? Receiver? Speakers?

Weird, I would start by trying either another turntable that is known to work, bad lighting so I can't tell if you could just try swithching the cartridge. Basically start swapping out components till you figure out which one is making the noise. Hopefully you can borrow stuff to do this. Does it do it in headphones?

could be using a pre out to powered speakers but either way it's a missing ground or dying or badly connected electrolytic capacitors somewhere in the chain.

Possibly a dry solder joint on one of the amplifier output caps or possibly speaker crossover caps.

Also do you have stray cores in your speaker wires touching the other terminals and can you replicate it by wiggling cables?

Check all the connections you can get to like RCA cables, speaker cables and any grounds are good

And if your sure everything is good connection wise try swapping the speakers left to right and see if the fault follows the speaker or stays where it is, and also try swapping the RCA leads Left to Right for the same test, that will help isolate which bit of kit has a problem.