The Interpunk VAULT

Might want to stop buying from every label. Seeing as I can't think of one that hasn't done something like this. 

Bridge 9 and Deathwish sell their OOP records for their original price.

Bridge 9 has sold stuff on ebay before.

There's a difference here. Interpunk isn't a label. They're a retailer who gets records from a label or distributor and are expected to sell them at a suggested retail price. by holding back stock until after it goes out of print and then putting it up for sale in their own store for a higher price is pretty fucked. 

Also do we really think they sat on these records for 5 years just so they could sell them for $15 instead of $7?  Or is more likely they were organizing and found stuff they thought was sold out but they still had a copy or two laying around?

"Over our 18 year history, we have set aside a few copies of some special items that are mostly long out of print, or at least rare."

There's a difference here. Interpunk isn't a label. They're a retailer who gets records from a label or distributor and are expected to sell them at a suggested retail price. by holding back stock until after it goes out of print and then putting it up for sale in their own store for a higher price is pretty fucked. 

Didn't think of it this way and now I agree.

"Over our 18 year history, we have set aside a few copies of some special items that are mostly long out of print, or at least rare."

Yes I can read that....but do you their master plan was.....hmmmm, If I store this for 10 years I can get an extra $10 bucks for it!  

Or is it possible that was just the wording they used for finding some old out of stock stuff?

Also do we really think they sat on these records for 5 years just so they could sell them for $15 instead of $7?  Or is more likely they were organizing and found stuff they thought was sold out but they still had a copy or two laying around?

Yes I can read that....but do you their master plan was.....hmmmm, If I store this for 10 years I can get an extra $10 bucks for it!  

Or is it possible that was just the wording they used for finding some old out of stock stuff?

Not the point. They should still be selling it for the SRP even if that was the case. Interpunk sells some of my records, and if I found out they were selling stuff after it was out of print for more than it was supposed to be sold for, I'd be pissed. When they sell my records I get to decide the price and they let me know what their markup is. If they break that agreement, I'd be mad. 

Not the point. They should still be selling it for the SRP even if that was the case. Interpunk sells some of my records, and if I found out they were selling stuff after it was out of print for more than it was supposed to be sold for, I'd be pissed. When they sell my records I get to decide the price and they let me know what their markup is. If they break that agreement, I'd be mad.

Just out of curiosity.. legally, what could you do if they did that to you?