The RSD Effect

In this thread:

- People who don't understand how business works.

- People who think they understand how business works, but can't deal with the reality, and then just whine about how their "unique business model" isn't working.

- People who need to experience real problems, because if all you're worried about is not being able to spend hard earned dollars on records for a few months a year, then your life probably rules.

Assuming this is a stab at independent labels who don't agree with the problems RSD causes? Quit being a prick, you're acting as if you've never complained or been bummed out by anything before, get off your high horse mr. "need to experience real problems". If you can't empathize with the problem than you have no place to make opinions about it. But again, people on the internet know everything about nothing.

Assuming this is a stab at independent labels who don't agree with the problems RSD causes? Quit being a prick, you're acting as if you've never complained or been bummed out by anything before, get off your high horse mr. "need to experience real problems". If you can't empathize with the problem than you have no place to make opinions about it. But again, people on the internet know everything about nothing.

From the looks of your webstore, you've put out one actual vinyl release and everything else has been on cassette. Clearly an expert able to talk about how labels work. By all means go back to acting like a delay on one record is going to kill your cassette label.

From the looks of your webstore, you've put out one actual vinyl release and everything else has been on cassette. Clearly an expert able to talk about how labels work. By all means go back to acting like a delay on one record is going to kill your cassette label.

I only have 1 release, but that doesn't mean I'm not familiar with the problem, I'm not complain it's killing my label, I'm addressing the issue that many other labels also have who've I've learned from and told me about this problem. Thanks for the suggestion though Emo Revival.

I wonder if your business model isn't failing because you come off as an overly whiny, entitled, tempramental butthole? Just own up to not knowing what the fuck you're doing and stop complaining about "big business" running smaller labels out. It's called adapting... change, or get the fuck out of the game.

And to anyone complaining about RSD and still buying things... YOU ARE THE REASON THERE IS A PROBLEM. Not Asian Man, not No Idea... whatever, this board blows. I swear I haven't been able to click on a title without reading incessant bitching. Did that other board go away?

wow - props to the OP who kicked the shit out of this fire ant hill that is Vinyl Collective!

And all I've done is just sit back and let the madness entertain

I wonder if your business model isn't failing because you come off as an overly whiny, entitled, tempramental butthole? Just own up to not knowing what the fuck you're doing and stop complaining about "big business" running smaller labels out. It's called adapting... change, or get the fuck out of the game.

And to anyone complaining about RSD and still buying things... YOU ARE THE REASON THERE IS A PROBLEM. Not Asian Man, not No Idea... whatever, this board blows. I swear I haven't been able to click on a title without reading incessant bitching. Did that other board go away?

Look at yourself.

Edit: My business model isn't failing, every DIY/underground/indie label faces these exact same problems, I'm just here voicing them as an active member of VC, honestly, what do you expect anyone to do? Conjure wax out of thin air? I know what the fuck I'm doing because I've had a lot of really hardworking people help me along the way. You don't know shit about anything, you're vehement trash. Stay punk.

Look at yourself.

Edit: My business model isn't failing, every DIY/underground/indie label faces these exact same problems, I'm just here voicing them as an active member of VC, honestly, what do you expect anyone to do? Conjure wax out of thin air? I know what the fuck I'm doing because I've had a lot of really hardworking people help me along the way. You don't know shit about anything, you're vehement trash. Stay punk.

Man, this is pretty low. This is definitely not a board I want any part of anymore. At least I know when to throw in the towel...

Man, this is pretty low. This is definitely not a board I want any part of anymore. At least I know when to throw in the towel...

You're going to get gouged for money in some way for the thing you love, whatever it may be, and that level of gouging is based on a person's perceived "love" for that thing. Before vinyl got out of hand, it was paying $25 for an 11 track CD or facing the total price of tickets before Ticketmaster was forced to adjust their fees. I paid them in my teens, and paid them happily - because the music meant that much to me. It will never be a perfect world, and there will never be a way to appease everyone when it comes to the relationship between art and money

This is why -

4587_original.jpg

I wonder if your business model isn't failing because you come off as an overly whiny, entitled, tempramental* butthole? Just own up to not knowing what the fuck you're doing and stop complaining about "big business" running smaller labels out. It's called adapting... change, or get the fuck out of the game.

*temperamental