THIS ATLANTA FESTIVAL 8/12-13 (Quicksand, Thursday, Dino JR, Jehu, MORE)

So who's coming? It was officially announced yesterday that this will be the last show in the masquerades current space - no worries they'll be opening their new space a week later. 

Also officially announced that they'll have 2 stages in the park next door (not the music park in the back which has already been demolished)

17 hours ago, shenanigans said:

Going full circle. My first ever masquerade show was poison the well with strung out in 2002. Now they'll be part of the last show I see in that building.

Yeah man, I couldn't tell you how much non-sense I have seen and been a part of in that place over the last 18 or so years. AND it's moving to the west side. THE WEST SIDE! BLASPHEMY! 

• 1 month later...
55 minutes ago, kyacrash said:

dude thank you!! Have been considering buying tickets for a couple days now but this was a no brainer!  Got a 2-day pass for $45 after using a $10 off coupon I had.

No problem....wish I wasn't still trying to pay off a transmission and fix other things on my vehicle.......I can't swing a place to stay, food while I'm there, and the price of even the groupon tix. 

Everybody have a fucking blast for me.  

I also dont don't know how I would've decided between motion city soundtrack and american nightmare

On 8/9/2016 at 9:20 PM, giantfortune said:

Hey, I am coming to see my favorite band Thursday from Kansas City. Someone get me stoned. Is there Yuengling in Atlanta?

Of course there is Yuengling in Georgia. Just be prepared to die in the afternoon heat. Also, don't stumble to far to far west or you could be buying crack. 

I'll be there today slamming Bud heavies and wearing a sensual Randy Savage shirt. Say hello!

2 minutes ago, Detective Pikachu said:

I can't make most of the fest, but if you're going to the Touché/Thursday show tonight I will see you there!

I will definitely be at TA but I missed out on the Thursday tickets. I have a Piebald ticket so I'm gonna try and weasel my way into Thursday anyway. 

HOLY SHIT! Thursday in Hell! I gotta feeling that will be the wildest show to ever take place in that room. haha. 

20 hours ago, birdwell said:

Anybody confirm Lou leaving stage mid set during Dinosaur Jr and not on speaking terms with J?

Sorry, didn't catch their set. But man oh man was this festival awesome in terms of quality of music. I didn't see one bad band over two straight days. It definitely seemed like attendance was down, though.

16 hours ago, scottheisel said:

Sorry, didn't catch their set. But man oh man was this festival awesome in terms of quality of music. I didn't see one bad band over two straight days. It definitely seemed like attendance was down, though.

Yeah, I've since talked to another friend that was watching their set and he didn't know what I was talking about.  He said they had a lot of sound issues and the set was lousy and that was about it.

think I got fed some exaggerated info

On 8/15/2016 at 2:58 PM, scottheisel said:

I thought Deafheaven was terrible. For the feel of the fest, they didn't jive well at all in the middle of Saturday. Rainer Maria was absolutely so sick as was The Promise Ring. That Lou incident a couple songs in was kind of bizarre but I didn't see it as tension. Although I think J did say something slightly condescending after Lou let the crowd know he was in a weird place, mentally. But that could just be J being as monotone and simple sounding as humanly possible.

2 hours ago, giantfortune said:

I thought Deafheaven was terrible. For the feel of the fest, they didn't jive well at all in the middle of Saturday. Rainer Maria was absolutely so sick as was The Promise Ring. That Lou incident a couple songs in was kind of bizarre but I didn't see it as tension. Although I think J did say something slightly condescending after Lou let the crowd know he was in a weird place, mentally. But that could just be J being as monotone and simple sounding as humanly possible.

I got to the festival grounds during Deafheaven's set and you're right, it was kind of awkward — they would've worked much better inside the Masquerade. But you're right in that Rainer Maria was on fucking point. They were probably my most anticipated band of the whole weekend, and they did not disappoint. Plus they inadvertantly led me to discover a new band called Culture Abuse, who were playing inside at the same time. I wanted to see what I would be missing, so I checked them out on Spotify and now I've played their record six times in the past day.

Edited by scottheisel