THIS ATLANTA FESTIVAL 8/12-13 (Quicksand, Thursday, Dino JR, Jehu, MORE)

I want updates from you guys going

Day one was perfect. Everyone sounded awesome and all the bands I wanted to see were fairly easy to get into. Crowds are good.

Apparently Modern Life is War reached capacity and a few hundred looked pretty mad they couldn't get in, but it was the same time as Small Brown Bike which I cared more about.

I saw full sets from Chumped, PBTT, Beach Slang, Samiam, and Small Brown Bike. And then partial sets from movielife, Braid, Get Up Kids and Sorority Noise. Then an aftershow with Chris Staples until I wanted to pass out from exhaustion.

Another day! Awesome hanging out with everyone!

Day one was perfect. Everyone sounded awesome and all the bands I wanted to see were fairly easy to get into. Crowds are good.

Apparently Modern Life is War reached capacity and a few hundred looked pretty mad they couldn't get in, but it was the same time as Small Brown Bike which I cared more about.

I saw full sets from Chumped, PBTT, Beach Slang, Samiam, and Small Brown Bike. And then partial sets from movielife, Braid, Get Up Kids and Sorority Noise. Then an aftershow with Chris Staples until I wanted to pass out from exhaustion.

Another day! Awesome hanging out with everyone!

I'm gonna disagree with the sound. Hell stage vocals were wayyyy too loud. Crowd is perfect though. There was probably less than 1000 people for descendents. I ended up watching descendents with jeff from MLIW. They were supposed to play heaven today (sunday afternoon) but requested to play saturday so they got moved to hell hence reaching capacity.

I saw chumped, beach slang, coathangers, larry arms, samiam, title fight, criminal instinct, movielife, small brown bike, get up kids, judge and descendents. 

About to head down for day 2

How was cave in?

I barely know them but they were great, brought on a different bass player to do a few songs (maybe the mutoid man guy? They made a joke about that) but as grant said, they were super into it and sounded fantastic. Gonna be on a big kick of this sort of stuff this week

Post it!! Cave in is one of my top 5 all time fav metal bands

Luminance 
Dark Driving 
Youth Overrided 
Jupiter 
Innuendo and Out the Other 
Big Riff (Ben Koller on drums, Nick Cageao on bass)
Summit Fever 
Sing My Loves 

I'm one of those weirdos who thinks Jupiter and White Silence are their best albums so I was pretty happy.

• 7 months later...