PO: Four Year Strong - Self-Titled

A woman was sexually assaulted by a band member of No Good News. Someone from another band (Hotelier) outed the situation in Tumblr. A roadie of TWY tried to get the guy to take the tumblr post down. He was then fired from the band and hired by FYS. Absolute Punk.net is calling for a full ban of Pure Noise records since the bands involved were in that label.

Edit: he was employed by TWY not TSSF. TSSF gave the band a shoutout on Twitter after they were signed.

I was away all day, chill bruh.

There's a lot more than what it was. That edit wasn't there the first time that was there. JJR (who has threatened the victim of rape and defended Harry from NGN) is tour managing FYS and has gotten public shoutouts from a lot of bands. Pure Noise deserves the boycott due to all of this as well as the whole Front Porch Step thing too. Bummer, I feel bad for Gates especially, who are so far away from the rest of this world.

Jjr wasn't fired from the wonder years. Just throwing that out there.

Yes he was. That has been confirmed.

If you say so. You must be his best friend. You know all about what he does all the time.

This comment is so ignorant it's unbelievable. Threatening a victim of sexual assault makes you scum. Period.

I was away all day, chill bruh.

There's a lot more than what it was. That edit wasn't there the first time that was there. JJR (who has threatened the victim of rape and defended Harry from NGN) is tour managing FYS and has gotten public shoutouts from a lot of bands. Pure Noise deserves the boycott due to all of this as well as the whole Front Porch Step thing too. Bummer, I feel bad for Gates especially, who are so far away from the rest of this world.

I'm chill. I just didn't appreciate being told I'm completely wrong I got the band names mixed up. No harm no foul.

Clearly the head of PN needs to revamp his vetting process of the bands he chooses to sign. This is turning into a pattern.

^ "We appreciate that the community brings issues to our attention. It’s very clear that after the two unfortunate events that we’ve been through that better checks and balances within the all ages community are necessary to ensure the safety of everyone. In the future, Pure Noise will certainly be more thorough in it’s A&R dealings prior to signing a new artist."

^ "We appreciate that the community brings issues to our attention. It’s very clear that after the two unfortunate events that we’ve been through that better checks and balances within the all ages community are necessary to ensure the safety of everyone. In the future, Pure Noise will certainly be more thorough in it’s A&R dealings prior to signing a new artist."

That's good to hear (read).

You come in here wielding a "fact" that has no source, and then get on someone else for following the situation and being informed on it. Hmm...

Also, LOL.

Of course this fool would try and make a discussion about sexual assault about him and a fucking botched Certain People I Know (or whatever) record from several years ago.

Edit: And just so it's clear, Adam absolutely was banned. Nobody ever said it was permanently. Assumptions making asses out of people and such...

Last comment I'll make on this topic- I'm glad I took the time to read the information provided, and I do apologize if I seemed dismissive prior to knowing any details. I hope Jason Tate uses this and the tools at his disposal to create a dedicated support system to help any victims who've been mistreated in anyway at shows or any music related event. Seems like he'd have the tools and personnel to make an organization/charity which strictly focuses on the erratication of this type of behavior.

That's good to hear (read).

Jake (PNR) also said he was lied to regarding the incident (presumedly by this roadie guy) and he thought everything was cleared up when he signed the band. And it seens like he doesn't plan to release their music anymore unless this gets resolved (not sure how it can, kick the guy out of the band permanently instead of just having him take a hiatus?). The bands that are still hiring the roadie guy need to cut him loose though, not sure why they would want him dragging down their reputations.

Jake (PNR) also said he was lied to regarding the incident (presumedly by this roadie guy) and he thought everything was cleared up when he signed the band. And it seens like he doesn't plan to release their music anymore unless this gets resolved (not sure how it can, kick the guy out of the band permanently instead of just having him take a hiatus?). The bands that are still hiring the roadie guy need to cut him loose though, not sure why they would want him dragging down their reputations.

Not defending JJR's role in all of this, but the reason he still has a job is because he's good at it. He was TWY's tour manager through the Suburbia and TGG touring cycles (like five solid years with one of the busiest touring bands in history). Besides TWY, I see him at nearly every show I go to because he goes from tour to tour constantly. I'd say he's more familiar with venues and booking people then almost anyone else in the scene right now.

No one said it was track 1.

Someone said Who Cares was a good track as well as track 1.