PO: Four Year Strong - Self-Titled

That's a good point. I've only lightly read into this whole scandal BS. I think this Jason Tate dude is kind of a douche for perpetuating all this drama beyond any actual resolve. This dude from Set It Off (never heard them, don't care to) is a creepy weirdo but got the boot from his band and his name is now tarnished, think you made your point. Aggressive Internet Shaming is pretty lazy and immature. Is Absolute Punk raising funds to support a woman's charity? Is Jason Tate doing anything to help actual victims of sexual abuse outside or talking shit on the Internet and is that it? If there's no blood on FYS's hands they shouldn't be held accountable for someone else's actions. That's like finding out your neighbor is a serial killer and everyone hating on you because you lent him a shovel one time.

What's the demographic at Absolute Punk? 16 year olds who don't pay for music anyways?

Again, I'm the first one to say how much I dislike Jason Tate, but he HAS been very active in spreading the word about this whole thing. He's been on the phone to the Pure Noise label head as well as other prominent people in the scene on how to educate folks about sexual assault.  He's using his position for good and is being very vocal about trying to help bring this terrible habit to an end.  Shit talking him and saying he's not doing enough means nothing when some of you people here are saying how stupid it is to be angry at other bands (as well as the label) when you have no idea that they truly do have a part in this whole thing. Educate yourselves.

PLEASE stop saying things and shaming/accusing people who are trying to bring attention to a very serious topic without educating yourself first.  You're only adding to the problem at this point.

Again, I'm the first one to say how much I dislike Jason Tate, but he HAS been very active in spreading the word about this whole thing. He's been on the phone to the Pure Noise label head as well as other prominent people in the scene on how to educate folks about sexual assault. He's using his position for good and is being very vocal about trying to help bring this terrible habit to an end. Shit talking him and saying he's not doing enough means nothing when some of you people here are saying how stupid it is to be angry at other bands (as well as the label) when you have no idea that they truly do have a part in this whole thing. Educate yourselves.

PLEASE stop saying things and shaming/accusing people who are trying to bring attention to a very serious topic without educating yourself first. You're only adding to the problem at this point.

RTRTRTRTRT

I'm trying not to get too into this for a multitude of reasons but this post is the most accurate I've seen on this board, which is pretty sad.

You're only adding to the problem at this point.

Maybe being informative instead of rude would be more helpful to your cause.

All I see is shit talking here, shit talking there. I'll gladly read whatever information you want share but that's where this "education" begins and ends. If you want to be offended by that then I'm sorry you feel that way.

Jason is a condescending assbag to everyone but staff on that site so it's hard to even wanna reason with his logic, even though he is in the right on this one. Sexual assault shouldn't be tolerated anywhere and women shouldn't feel afraid to go shows. JJR and everyone involved in the act and covering it up are shitty human beings but I'm conflicted as to if this cause someone to not earn a living.

All I see is shit talking here, shit talking there. I'll gladly read whatever information you want share but that's where this "education" begins and ends. If you want to be offended by that then I'm sorry you feel that way.

http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=3725131

read this post, we've posted it here before. the timeline of all of the troubling issues and parties in the matter

if she didn't because she was afraid of the stigma that came with being labeled as sexually assaulted, or just was afraid for other various reasons, does that mean it didn't happen?

Did I say it didn't happen? The first story I read was basically a "my friends brothers cousin told me that this happened." After reading that last link that someone posted I see that the guy is admitting guilt. I don't know what stigma could come from reporting it after posting about it online, but that's just me. If the guy really is a shitty dude, I think the best thing to do would get the police involved.

edit: I re-read the "admission of guilt" and he really didn't admit to anything other than " for being insensitive and misjudging the situation"

Again, I'm not saying it didn't happen.

Did I say it didn't happen?

See this is what's odd, why are any of us on VC having to defend ourselves as if we're enabling any of this? Until about 5 minutes ago I had no idea what was going on with this entire situation (not sure how I initially ended up at that Set It Off story). To be honest Four Year Strong and Reggie are the only artists on the Pure Noise roster I recognize. If they showed a sign of support was it prior to this guy essentially admitting to what he did?

I wasn't being rude, what I said was actually pretty informative - maybe you should reread it.. I was telling you exactly what you said Jason wasn't doing. You asked "what has he done?" and I told you what he has done and what he continues to do. It isn't my fault that you are spouting off an opinion based on facts that don't exist.  Casey posted the link where you can read up on the situation.

lol, You're acting pretty ridiculous and ignorant.  You can't come in here on page 6 of a thread thinking you know everything when it's already been discussed prior.  You're confusing shit talking for facts.  & Don't put education in quotes.  It's a serious issue that we have as a society where people downplay sexual assault constantly.  Again, if you were knowledgeable at all about this topic, you would know exactly how silly your comments are coming across as.

See this is what's odd, why are any of us on VC having to defend ourselves as if we're enabling any of this? Until about 5 minutes ago I had no idea what was going on with this entire situation (not sure how I initially ended up at that Set It Off story). To be honest Four Year Strong and Reggie are the only artists on the Pure Noise roster I recognize. If they showed a sign of support was it prior to this guy essentially admitting to what he did? 

I'll put this link here again since obviously it's not making sense to you

http://www.absolutep...d.php?t=3725131

I wasn't being rude, what I said was actually pretty informative - maybe you should reread it.. I was telling you exactly what you said Jason wasn't doing. You asked "what has he done?" and I told you what he has done and what he continues to do. It isn't my fault that you are spouting off an opinion based on facts that don't exist. Casey posted the link where you can read up on the situation.

lol, You're acting pretty ridiculous and ignorant. You can't come in here on page 6 of a thread thinking you know everything when it's already been discussed prior. You're confusing shit talking for facts. & Don't put education in quotes. It's a serious issue that we have as a society where people downplay sexual assault constantly. Again, if you were knowledgeable at all about this topic, you would know exactly how silly your comments are coming across as.

I'll put this link here again since obviously it's not making sense to you

http://www.absolutep...d.php?t=3725131

I was 100% ignorant to the situation and admitted that. I was asking questions, and got answers. Still think there's a lot more Absolute Punk/Jason Tate could be doing to help victims of sexual abuse. I'm one of many people who had no knowledge of this whatsoever and have only been exposed the hostilities.

What else can he do other than try to get the information out there so more people know and can help spread awareness of this and other similar issues. It's happening in a scene that is known for misogyny and similar things to this (Front Porch Step is on the same fucking label), and also is dominated by younger men. If these bands and other places that these kids look up to raise awareness and let them know about the issues and what is and isn't right (the actual definition of consent is an important one) then the scene could potentially become less toxic than it already is. These bands staying friends with assaulters and shouting them out, or even just hiding the issues brings out an unsafe environment for the young teen girls that love these bands.

Of course this is the same site where there is a thread for older men to ogle at boobs, and there's some weirdly creepy obsessions with some female artists on here in a way that goes beyond the art they make into something really disgusting, so maybe this won't get productive and stay ignorant like it has been.

Of course this is the same site where there is a thread for older men to ogle at boobs, and there's some weirdly creepy obsessions with some female artists on here in a way that goes beyond the art they make into something really disgusting, so maybe this won't get productive and stay ignorant like it has been.

Shots fired.

So I have no idea what is going on. I see there is a lot of links and stories to read. Could someone give me a quick recap of all of this?

A woman was sexually assaulted by a band member of No Good News. Someone from another band (Hotelier) outed the situation in Tumblr. A roadie of TWY tried to get the guy to take the tumblr post down. He was then fired from the band and hired by FYS. Absolute Punk.net is calling for a full ban of Pure Noise records since the bands involved were in that label.

Edit: he was employed by TWY not TSSF. TSSF gave the band a shoutout on Twitter after they were signed.

A woman was sexually assaulted by a band member of No Good News. Someone from another band outed the situation in Tumblr. A roadie of TSSF tried to get the guy to take the tumble post down. He was then fired from the band and hired by FYS. Absolute Punk.net is calling for a full ban of Pure Noise records since the bands involved were in that label.

This is very wrong in many ways