shipping

Okay, i had no idea ebay had so many records i wanted. lol with that said, is the standard ebay shipping safe or is there a slim chance my purchase will not be haggard when i get it? any personal experiences with shipping and or ebay they would like to discuss? it would help me out so i know what to expect. thanks guys, sorry for all the recent questions. i just want to get a good understanding of everything first.

the shipping method usd has nothing to do with ebay. its all up to the seller you buy the record from. its up to them how much shipping (including "handling" = bullshit) will cost, how it will be packaged, which mail carrier to used etc... so its hit or miss. ive had people charge me $4 for an lp and it gets here in 2 days in a record mailer perfect. as well as ive had people charge me 12$ and its at my house 5 weeks later in taped cardboard with a $4 postage on it.

unfortunately, you can ge messed around. they have the feedback thing which allows you to say whether the packaging was messed or not. i bought a $100 pearl jam record and specifically asked the seller to wrap bubble wrap around each corner to protect it. alas he did not, and it comes to me with bent corners. fucking pissed was i.

HOWEVER, most of the time i've bought stuff, if i explicilty ask for them to pack it well, it usually is. Mind you, you should EXPECT some corner bending etc, just the same as you would mailorder shops. if you get a good seller, stick them in your favourites so you use them again. they appreciate the multiple business and tend to take ccare. i have been an ebayer for years and very rarely do records come all shat on coz of dodgy packaging. as far as handling is concerned, thats usually chucked on there to cover fees.

i would be confident buying from someone who has 100% feedback with a lot of transactions and has extensive information, including their packaging policies, on the listing.

you should always try to buy from mailorders and shops first though, coz at least you absolutely know that the band is getting some of the proceeds.

You have to rely pretty heavily on feedback. People won't hesitate to mention packing deficiencies. It usually helps when you buy from someone that sells a lot of vinyl. If you can tell someone is just selling random records they came across, be cautious and be sure to put a pleasant but explicit note on how you want it packaged.

But generally speaking, I've made over 1,000 purchases on eBay, mostly vinyl, and my bad shipping experiences are few and far between

unfortunately, you can ge messed around. they have the feedback thing which allows you to say whether the packaging was messed or not. i bought a $100 pearl jam record and specifically asked the seller to wrap bubble wrap around each corner to protect it. alas he did not, and it comes to me with bent corners. fucking pissed was i.

Soldier Field?

I've never had any serious problems with shippers on ebay. The occasional dinged corner, but that's the cost of doing business. One time I did get a 7" in a large brown envelope with no padding/cardboard or anything. That bummed me out, but the record and sleeve were fine, so I didn't make a big deal about it. When I sell, I always use LP/7" mailers. And if I run out I tape the record in between two solid pieces of cardboard and put it in a padded mailer.