Controlling power to multiple components?

Hi guys, just wondering how some of you switch your components on and off. I'm trying to figure out the best way to turn on my turntable, phono pre, amp and a lamp via one switch. Right now everything is plugged into a power strip, I have to awkwradly reach behind a shelving unit to switch it on. Any ideas would be appreciated. Pictures would be great.

That's a really really really bad idea.

Don't turn your gear on and off via a powerstrip, you are just asking for trouble.  Turn your preamp on first, and when you go to power down, turn your amp off first and preamp off last.  It's also a good idea to refrain from turning components on and off excessively.  When I turn my stack on in the morning, it usually stays on until I go to bed.

I only really turn my system on and off because it's mostly valve (tube) and leaving them on when not in use shortens the life of the heaters. If it was all solid state it we be on most of the time.

That said being valve there is a warm up time so if I'm having my system on when I get home from work I turn it on an hour before I want to listen to allow it all to warm it all up

That's a really really really bad idea.

Don't turn your gear on and off via a powerstrip, you are just asking for trouble.  Turn your preamp on first, and when you go to power down, turn your amp off first and preamp off last.  It's also a good idea to refrain from turning components on and off excessively.  When I turn my stack on in the morning, it usually stays on until I go to bed.

And as JumpingBean alluded to turn it on in sequence from the source out to the power amp and in reverse when you turn it off.