Raffle Tickets from Topshelf Records

Have you gotten a record from us with a raffle ticket? Didn't know what it was or what it's for? I figured that we would make a post here since a lot of you order from us.

We are going to be trying something new and hopefully you guys are into this. Every pre order for an album that we launch and release in 2015 will be coupled with a contest and raffle ticket. We wanted to have a little fun with this so bare with us...For every record you pre order you'll get a raffle ticket (order multiple copies of a record and get that many raffle tickets). Each raffle ticket is good for two things.

First: For every pre order we ship out we will be giving away a $25 gift certificate to our webstore (US webstore and pre orders ordered from the US webstore only)

SECOND: At the end of the year we will be doing a big raffle for multiple things including test pressings, rare vinyl, merch, random stuff, mystery things and some other items that i'm sure we'll think of between now and then. Keep your tickets because all tickets throughout the year will be included in this raffle.

What do I do if I have the winning ticket? email orders @ topshelfrecords.com with a picture of your ticket on top of the record.

How will I know what the winning ticket is? after we ship out all pre orders we will post on our social networks to tell you what the winning ticket is. This will also be a reminder that our pre orders have shipped.

What if I have a ticket that didn't win? Keep it because there is a chance you could win at the end of the year raffle!

Here is a list of the winning tickets:

Caravels / Octaves split -  243992

Del Paxton / Gulfer split -  4020715

Nai Harvest "Hairball" - 4020511

Diamond Youth "Nothing Matters" - 4020196

Duck. Little Brother, Duck! / Malegoat split - 4020106

Sorority Noise "Joy, Departed" - 4020025

The World Is A Beautiful Place "Death to New Years" - 4019076

Happy Diving "So Bunted" - 4019189

The Velvet Teen "All Is Illusory" - 4019326

Moving Mountains - "Pneuma": 047561
Wildhoney "Your Face Sideways": 533146
The Saddest Landscape - "Souls Worth Saving": 047957
Wild Ones - "Heatwave": 047134
Boys Life - "Departures and Landfalls": 046715
Weatherbox - "The Cosmic Drama": 046971
Infinity Girl - "Harm": 046646
Donovan Wolfington -"How to Treat the Ones You Love": 046702
Ratboys - "AOID": 533339

Thanks

I really like the idea but holding onto and tracking these raffle tickets is going to be a pain in the ass for most people. I have a feeling a large amount of these will go unclaimed at end of the year. If it was electronic based (i.e. raffle number is in the order confirmation email or something) that would probably be the easiest for most people but logistically I'm sure that is a much bigger headache for the label.

I really like the idea but holding onto and tracking these raffle tickets is going to be a pain in the ass for most people. I have a feeling a large amount of these will go unclaimed at end of the year. If it was electronic based (i.e. raffle number is in the order confirmation email or something) that would probably be the easiest for most people but logistically I'm sure that is a much bigger headache for the label.

Could code something like this up — but where's the fun in that!? That's like saying listening to MP3's is more convenient than playing a record on vinyl :P

We won't let a prize go unclaimed — if it doesn't get claimed, we'll keep rolling through 'til someone gets it. Just like BINGO or whatever... BINGO's like that, right?

I don't think that keeping track of the raffle tickets will be all that hard, just leave it in the plastic outer sleeve of whatever record you got it with. Nothing easier than this. At the end of the year you just pull out all your Topshelf releases from that year, and voilà!

I don't think that keeping track of the raffle tickets will be all that hard, just leave it in the plastic outer sleeve of whatever record you got it with. Nothing easier than this. At the end of the year you just pull out all your Topshelf releases from that year, and voilà!

I order 1 million records a year so that would be a pain in my ass! But keeping track of a raffle ticket is NOT hard at all, so not sure what zac meant. If you can't stick a ticket in your wallet/a drawer for a year without losing it then you have some issues you need to work on!

Could code something like this up — but where's the fun in that!? That's like saying listening to MP3's is more convenient than playing a record on vinyl :P

We won't let a prize go unclaimed — if it doesn't get claimed, we'll keep rolling through 'til someone gets it. Just like BINGO or whatever... BINGO's like that, right?

Haha I like the comparison example. Not knocking you guys at all, I think it's a cool idea and love seeing labels do fun stuff for their customers and supporters. Was just throwing my two cents out there for the sake of the discussion. Keep on keeping on with the awesome label.

I order 1 million records a year so that would be a pain in my ass! But keeping track of a raffle ticket is NOT hard at all, so not sure what zac meant. If you can't stick a ticket in your wallet/a drawer for a year without losing it then you have some issues you need to work on!

Eh keeping track of little things like raffle tickets can be more difficult than you think, especially when you live with other people (spouse, siblings, etc). There's a whole host of other things that can make it difficult too like moving/relocating, etc. And just personal preference but I've got enough shit in my wallet already that I don't need to add more to it to hold on to for a year.

Anyway, back to the discussion, I think it's cool to see a label do stuff like this. Was just throwing out the first thought that came to my head in terms of logistics. Wasn't knocking it at all.

Eh keeping track of little things like raffle tickets can be more difficult than you think, especially when you live with other people (spouse, siblings, etc). There's a whole host of other things that can make it difficult too like moving/relocating, etc. And just personal preference but I've got enough shit in my wallet already that I don't need to add more to it to hold on to for a year.

Anyway, back to the discussion, I think it's cool to see a label do stuff like this. Was just throwing out the first thought that came to my head in terms of logistics. Wasn't knocking it at all.

We definitely realize there is a chance that people might lose these but for those who don't we hope this is a fun/slightly different thing. I'll try to update the OP when we pick a winning ticket to try and make this a bit easier for you guys and we're also planning to pick the tickets as close to when pre orders have finished shipping as we can so that (at least for individual pre orders) it's not as much a matter of people having to hold onto these for a chance to win.

So close! How long do people have to claim it?

Still working out the kinks on this. And, also, realizing that we don't wanna be posting on social media all day long about unclaimed tickets sooooo we might go like a periscope live stream or something less intrusive on people's social feeds. Open to ideas. Because we now have two unclaimed prizes :/

It wouldn't be difficult to take a picture of your raffle ticket with a smartphone and file the picture(s) using an app like Evernote. That would also make it easy to send Topshelf proof of a winning ticket as well. Just a thought.

That's exactly what I've been doing (along with keeping the tickets all in one location). The only thing that worries me is that I travel for work so I just know if I ever happen to have a winning ticket it's going to be sitting in the unopened mailer at my house.

That's exactly what I've been doing (along with keeping the tickets all in one location). The only thing that worries me is that I travel for work so I just know if I ever happen to have a winning ticket it's going to be sitting in the unopened mailer at my house.

I just recently moved so all my records are still being shipped to my parents house in the meantime. Haven't even made it home to look at my Gulfer/ Del Paxton to look at my raffle ticket yet. Plus, since this is a new thing I bet most people haven't even heard of the raffle ticket thing yet. First I heard of it was here on the board, can't remember seeing it come through via email at all on the mailing list.