Most Covered Songs Written After 1980

I was having a discussion with some friends about songs written after 1980 that have been covered the most times in a non-novelty context (so basically, Me First and the Gimme Gimmes don't count). There are tons of songs from the 50s, 60s, 70s (not to mention all kinds of standards from before that) that have been covered countless times, but I feel like songs from the 80s forward are covered less frequently in a serious context.

But here is my thought for most covered song:

Naive Melody (This Must Be the Place) by Talking Heads 

Other ideas?

I mean..... the chorus is taken from Bob Dylan but the verse and all was written by OCMS, who made it famous. I'd say it counts as past 1980!

I bet Such Great Heights is up there on this list as well

Debatable.  Dylan has 50% songwriting credit on the OCMS version.

In any case, the interwebs say there are 7 versions of Wagon Wheel and 11 versions of Such Great Heights.

I must be missing something.  Are we talking about about live covers and not recorded?

I was suggesting properly recorded, though looking back at my original post, I never suggested such. If you include shitty bar bands, the numbers are considerably skewed. And if you include wedding bands, it's probably fucking 'I Gotta Feeling'...

http://www.newsweek.com/60-versions-leonard-cohens-hallelujah-ranked-303580

If we are talking strictly famous recordings it's going to be a lot different than covered in general by any band.

I do stand by that Wagon Wheel is the most covered by live bands cause I've heard that itss played live every night in every bar with live music down south (even if this is hyperbole it's probably got a bit of accuracy!)

Not entirely relevant, but I was thinking yesterday...is there a band that has more covered songs worth listening to than the Pixies? They've been covered by so many bands, and more often than not, even really exceptionally skewed takes on their songs are worth hearing.

The Smiths. I generally prefer good Smiths covers over the originals.