The National - A Lot of Sorrow - 9LP set

I think selling this for a lower price like $110 or including some bonus live EP or unreleased material would have been more of a troll move.

It looks like a lot of thought went into the packaging and the price point is at a place where only affluent (or obsessive) fans will get it. Like I said earlier, it's easy to just pretend this doesn't exist. Unlike, let's say the Virginia EP and A Skin, A Night release which featured 4-5 b-sides, some demoes, and a terrible "art" film marketed as a documentary. They didn't even give us those awesome Vincent Moon Boxer promos which featured the only practical footage for fans from that saturated black and white grainy film experiment.

I just tried to watch A Skin, A Night last week and couldn't make it through the whole thing.

I enjoyed A Skin, A Night for what it's worth.. and I'd like to consider myself the largest National fan here. I own everything they have on vinyl (every limited edition) and I've seen them live 5 times. I made a 20 minute short film homage to Alligator when I lived in New York City. I've met Matt Berninger. 

/flex /dickwave

• 3 weeks later...