PO: False - Untitled 2LP, Pale Chalice - Negate... LP

20150409updateheader.jpg

Hello everyone. I am quite pleased to finally make pre-orders available for the new albums from False and Pale Chalice. These are two black metal records that travel down very different paths, but I feel are a very fitting pair to release side by side.

I'm very proud to have them as part of the Gilead Media family of releases, so I hope you're as excited to get these as I am. You can also hear one song from each record on the pre-order pages, links below.

relic58thumb.jpg
At long last, we have the new album from the Minneapolis black metal project, False. After an Untitled EP in 2011, and a split LP with Barghest in 2012, they now return with their first proper full-length album, once again an untitled release.

Throughout the sixty-minute run time of the album, False dive deeper into the realm of visceral and relentless black metal for which they've become well-known. Their live sound and ferocity is finally captured here, revealing a whole new depth and darkness that has only been hinted at on previous recordings. This album is far from  a simple exercise in listening, and more akin to a journey to be experienced. The works contained therein are incredibly bleak and emotionally powerful, with a long lasting impact.

This Untitled album was recorded, mixed, and mastered by Adam Tucker at Signaturetone Recording, with artwork by Nicole Sara Simpkins. It will be presented as a gatefold CD and gatefold 2LP, each pressed in a quantity of 1000. It will be available in stores on June 16, 2015, with direct pre-orders available Thursday, April 9th.

False are currently booking a 30+ date tour for July & August.

ORDER NOW / LISTEN TO "HEDGECRAFT": http://www.gileadmedia.net/releasedirectory/relic58-false-untitled-cd2lp/

relic67thumb.jpg

Gilead Media is incredibly proud to present the first full-length from San Francisco black metal band Pale Chalice, entitled Negate the Infinite and Miraculous.

It has been four years since the release of their 2011 debut EP (Afflicting The Dichotomy Of Trepid Creation, released by The Flenser), which left an undeniable mark on the USBM scene. The level of anticipation for new material has been considerable. Now, that long wait has finally come to an end.

Negate the Infinite and Miraculous is not simply the next stage in the evolution of a musical project. It's a leap forward into a realm that surpasses all expectation, revealing a progression in musicianship that is awe-inspiring. As recurring themes tie together the musical narrative of the album, they're made even more powerful by the cryptic lyrics and scathing voice of Ephemeral Domignostika (also of Mastery, Pandiscordian Necrogenesis.)

The production quality of Negate the Infinite and Miraculous serves its compositions perfectly. Atmosphere without being atmospheric, grit and grime without losing precision. A subtle sense of chaos without losing the coherence of the overall piece. It all meshes together to form a record that feels as though it passed into our world from another dimension entirely. A cosmic work of great despair.

The album was recorded and mixed by Zack Ohren in San Francisco and mastered by Adam Tucker at Signaturetone Recording. The LP will be presented in a single pocket jacket with insert and download code included. 225 copies on black vinyl, 225 copies on clear w/black smoke.

ORDER NOW / LISTEN TO "WELTERING DEPTHS OF THE CARRION WAVE": http://www.gileadmedia.net/releasedirectory/relic67-pale-chalice-negate-the-infinite-and-miraculous-lp/

Until next time...
- Adam Bartlett/Gilead Media

gileadlogo2.png