Apple Watch Discussion

Is anyone else thinking about getting the Apple Watch? It seems pretty cool, but I wonder if it would be better to wait until the next generation. I've read some reviews that are not all positive, but also seems like personal preferences just need to be changed in the settings. What's everyone's thoughts? Pros/cons?

I love apple products....but I think this is the most superfluous and gimmicky gadget to come out in ages. I STILL think iPads and Tablets are ridiculous as well...they seem to have little use or value outside of keeping children occupied during long car/plane rides

I love apple products....but I think this is the most superfluous and gimmicky gadget to come out in ages. I STILL think iPads and Tablets are ridiculous as well...they seem to have little use or value outside of keeping children occupied during long car/plane rides

Birdwell, I like the cut of your jib. 

Seeing how long it's going to take for these to start shipping, I think I'm going to wait to see how people like them. I am a total Apple fanboy, but I really think they fucked up with the pricing and all the different models. To me $350-400 for the sport edition is way too much for a cheap plastic looking version of the watch. They should have just eliminated that category and had the regular "watch" category be the introductory level at that price point. Maybe I'm overlooking the cost of manufacture, but they seem overpriced, even for Apple.    

As a huge fan of the analog watch, I will definitely be passing on this, as the technology will definitely become an outdated $350+ paperweight.  I love Apple products, and use the shit out of them, but this one is just a bit ridiculous.  

This exactly. My cheap Timex watch does exactly what I need it to. If I need to send a text, make a phone call, or go on the internet, I'll grab my iPhone. 

Wearable tech is kind of neat, but just not for me at all.