I'm opening a record store...

Open it where I Iive & stock good stuff. Pls & thx

haha i wish. opening one in austin will be tough but also.....easy? we plan on really focusing on obviously records/cds/tapes etc, but also a place for smaller acoustic acts to play. My buddy, who is an audio engineer will fix gear that we buy/sell. owning a business is in my blood. we had a high end mens clothing store in my family for 50+ years. i can't wait to go broke keeping my dream alive 

there is a huge market that is completely untapped in austin. most of the record stores specialize in either like, old rare LPs and experimental shit. the others are just top for BS that is so overpriced it will make your head spin. i really want to cater to that person that just LOVES music and really want to go above and beyond to find new music. no matter how it plays out, any record store you go to here, you are judged in one way or another for your musical taste. its upsetting to me. i want that judgment free zone. I want to be that store that carries bong ripper for that doom metal lover, but also the newest top 40 pop stuff.....sorry, I'm excited

there is a huge market that is completely untapped in austin. most of the record stores specialize in either like, old rare LPs and experimental shit. the others are just top for BS that is so overpriced it will make your head spin. i really want to cater to that person that just LOVES music and really want to go above and beyond to find new music. no matter how it plays out, any record store you go to here, you are judged in one way or another for your musical taste. its upsetting to me. i want that judgment free zone. I want to be that store that carries bong ripper for that doom metal lover, but also the newest top 40 pop stuff.....sorry, I'm excited

tumblr_moguahYAIw1s54vfgo1_500.gif

Best of luck.  Austin has some great record stores already and may be very difficult to match up with stores like End of Ear and Waterloo.

end of an ear is my jam. I've asked the owner for some advice. Waterloo doesn't worry me, they are cool, but they are the walmart of record stores to me. 

end of an ear is actually the first record store i went to where i didn't feel judged by EVERYONE. they actually pick on me for what they call "the weirdest taste in music" they have ever seen. one time i bought a sleep record, the garden state soundtrack and a miles davis LP. we all had a good laugh. 

Get with Ross on some tips for selling records.

bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. maybe if i wanted a store full of overpriced good charlotte reissues, and terrible morality.

full disclosure: i bought one of those overpriced good charlotte reissues, and i still don't know why. 

Good Luck

Waterloos is one of the most overhyped stores I have ever been to

End of an Ear is a great store

Friends of Sound is really weird...some good stuff found but mostly overpriced used

Trailerspace records...these dudes must not pay rent because everytime I have been there its empty and not alot of records. they do pride themselves on having bands play

Piranha Records in Round Rock is like Waterloo light....Trying to sell a bunch of crap and music too. Although I do love their t shirts

Did I miss anything worthwhile? Will be back in a month for Psych Fest and really will only visit End of an Ear