CITIZEN - Everybody Is Going To Heaven LP

Don't want to be that dude, but I just have to ask that, is RFC a "grunge/shoegaze label" now? Basement did it awesome fine, but why does every band have to do that on the label, who wasn't doing that on previous efforts. I mean I like the new Turnover for example, but this citizen track is mediocore at best (way worse then the already mediocore Youth). Don't expect an answer, but this new trend is a bit too much along with Will Yip's ruining almost every record...

Don't want to be that dude, but I just have to ask that, is RFC a "grunge/shoegaze label" now? Basement did it awesome fine, but why does every band have to do that on the label, who wasn't doing that on previous efforts. I mean I like the new Turnover for example, but this citizen track is mediocore at best (way worse then the already mediocore Youth). Don't expect an answer, but this new trend is a bit too much along with Will Yip's ruining almost every record...

I just think it's progression.. bands get bored writing the same stuff over and over (the good ones at least). Also, I've heard people complain about Will Yip 'ruining' records, but I think he's doing the opposite.. plus just because someone produces it doesn't mean they have a gun to the band's head.