CITIZEN - Everybody Is Going To Heaven LP

I absolutely LOVE this record. I’ve been following them from the very beginning and I remember watching brand new covers on Mat’s youtube channel. he obviously draws some influence from that but I still think ciz is doing their own thing and they’re doing it very well. Cement, numb yourself, my favorite color, and ring of chain are my favorites right now but it’s a solid album as a whole. i listened to it several times on my trip to michigan and back, it really grew on me. I loved youth from the first listen, this one takes more time.

most people don’t realize what a young band this is. mat is only like 19 or 20. youth felt immature to me at times (lyric-wise) but that’s what you get from a 19 year old kid who just went through a tough breakup.

Haha that is so funny.

Ill copy and paste it here.

I hate this because it doesn't sound like Youth. I've listened to it once from track one to track ten and I was able to form a thorough opinion of it. It's horrible at best. I can't believe you turned your back on us, Citizen. I bought Youth on vinyl five times. All for you. I'm so disappointed. I cannot make lyric pictures for Tumblr anymore because I can't understand a word Mat is saying. Stop trying to be hardcore, Mat. You're not hardcore. You're in an emo / pop punk band and it should stay that way. Stop trying to progress. Stop trying to be Turnover. They suck too. Young States is awesome too. This album is not awesome.

This album is nowhere near awesome. It will never be awesome. Ever.

Please make Youth 2. Please don't tour this album. Scrap it and start over. I'll forgive and forget.

Please, Dad. Please.

If anyone thinks this is serious, you're a idiot.

i didn't go to the site and read it, but people really do post shit like that (other than the dad part) and are serious. youtube comments are the worst

That whole thing is clearly making fun of the fanboys and girls who hate change and just want citizen to sound like pop punk kids forever. Same thing happened to title fight.