CITIZEN - Everybody Is Going To Heaven LP

Can't. Tell. If. Joking.

I think Daisy is truly one of the worst follow-ups to a great album - ever.

Not joking, although the "what a progression" part was kind of sarcastic because I think this band apes Brand New pretty shamelessly. But I don't really care.

I'm only talking about how it sounds based on the two songs I've heard from this album (this one and the one from that live video a couple pages back), but definitely has the more distorted and heavier aspects of Daisy. Also, I think Daisy is an excellent album. 

I thought this song was at least more interesting than the entirety of Youth

What made Youth great wasn't originality, it was the passion behind the songs IMO. And yes it wasn't an "interesting" record.

But let's hope they don't make a BN record tho. "Cement" may need a few more listens on my part to come to a conclusion.

I hate when albums are compared to Brand New. Like this is their Deja or this is their Devil and God etc. etc. etc. They aren't the standards for the whole damn genre of punk rock (or whatever you want to call it). Let the albums be their own thing.

EDIT: Shit, they even mention it in the article that accompanies the new song. I didn't see that before.