Local H: Hey Killer

Any Local H fans in here?  They just dropped a new album April 14th available on vinyl entitled Hey Killer.  Haven't heard it yet, but I heard some of it during an interview with the band, and it sounded awesome.  This is the first album recorded with the new drummer Ryan Harding.  Sounds like he and Scott gel very well, and the new record came along quite naturally.  I haven't scoured the internet for prices & such, but it's $17.99 at bestbuy.com.  And like 50 cents cheaper (after shipping) directly from their website store:  http://www.gandprecords.com/

Taken from their website:  

Produced by longtime pal and collaborator, Andy Gerber, and recorded at Steve Albini’s Electrical Audio studio and Gerber’s own Million Yen Studios (both in Chicago) --Hey, Killer is our first full length with Ryan Harding (the new guy) and our eighth studio album overall. Get this one.

• 7 months later...

This album rules.  Never really paid attention to this band until I heard this album and wish I hadn't put them off for so long.  Saw them earlier in the year and they played a lot from the album and it killed.  I found Ham Fisted a few weeks ago at a local shop for cheap, that album is killer too.

This album rules.  Never really paid attention to this band until I heard this album and wish I hadn't put them off for so long.  Saw them earlier in the year and they played a lot from the album and it killed.  I found Ham Fisted a few weeks ago at a local shop for cheap, that album is killer too.

Damn, I want that album.

Scott was also on a podcast the other day, and confirmed that As Good As Dead is getting a reissue on vinyl next April(ish).

Here's a link to the podcast for those interested: http://digmeout.podbean.com/e/255-interview-with-scott-lucas-of-local-h/

They talk about the reissue at the 38:52 mark, but the whole thing is worth a listen.

Scott was also on a podcast the other day, and confirmed that As Good As Dead is getting a reissue on vinyl next April(ish).

Here's a link to the podcast for those interested: http://digmeout.podbean.com/e/255-interview-with-scott-lucas-of-local-h/

They talk about the reissue at the 38:52 mark, but the whole thing is worth a listen.

I will definitely be buying that.

This album rules.  Never really paid attention to this band until I heard this album and wish I hadn't put them off for so long.  Saw them earlier in the year and they played a lot from the album and it killed.

+1 on this review.  These guys make a great duo.  There are many bands of many genres in rock n roll that I see & check out live, and I don't often rave about drummers, but Ryan is fun as hell to watch.  I'll have to check out that podcast.

• 2 months later...