Metallica 2015 Represses

Just stumbled across this page on newonvinyl.com:

http://www.newonvinyl.com/en/brands/metallica/?mc_cid=2bd54ee510&mc_eid=1c43d4d16d

Seems that their back catalogue is getting a reissue. Most seem to be a 2LP.

I'm not too clued up on Metallica presses. I should imagine there are a hell of a lot of them out there already so no idea how much this os needed. Thought this might be of interest to a few people though...

Ugh...I just want Master of Puppets on a 2xLP at 45 rpm...is that too much to ask? Every copy I've heard of this album has sounded ridiculously thin and yes, silly.

That came out in 2008. It sounded AWFUL.

Just pressing something at 45 RPM doesn't make it good. Get the original Elektra... That sounds about as good as you can possibly get for a reasonable amount of money. (There WAS a 2XLP pressing from Music For Nations back in the day... Supposedly those are the best available presses out there. Not cheap on Discogs but it might be worth it. Don't get the new reissues unless it's Black Album or later.)

There WAS a 2XLP pressing from Music For Nations back in the day... Supposedly those are the best available presses out there. Not cheap on Discogs but it might be worth it. Don't get the new reissues unless it's Black Album or later

All of this is very True.......the MFN 2Lps are solid.......Im a big fan of the Japanese King/Nexus Pressings.....and the Canadian Banzai Pressings of the earlier Albums........Most of the Warner/Blackened Re-issues/Pressings were shit....Spun all the Coloured pressings last week as i hadn't in a while and remembered why i hadn't......The only one ill recommend is The Black Album 2Lp or 4Lp...........It sounds awesome

The Deluxe Re-Issues should appear at some point this year....Album by Album......I cant imagine there would be a heap of Studio Extra's but i can see a lot of Early Live stuff making its way into these Deluxe Releases

....Hopefully they get it right 

If that's the case I'm not even sure why I'm responding to you! (I kid)

Elektra was their US label, Vertigo UK label.

I just checked discogs. They list Ekektra and Vertigo as both US 1991. Kinda odd

http://www.discogs.com/Metallica-Metallica/release/381988

http://www.discogs.com/Metallica-Metallica/release/4745780

I just checked discogs. They list Ekektra and Vertigo as both US 1991. Kinda odd

http://www.discogs.com/Metallica-Metallica/release/381988

http://www.discogs.com/Metallica-Metallica/release/4745780

Not odd, Elektra had the rights to the US release, Vertigo for the Euro release.

Fellow Clubber Piky back me up man

Yes...the Blackened presses are crap.

Honestly, for sound, the first presses are the best. They can be bought for about $30 each.

Some also prefer the 45 rpm versions of black album and RtL

Good advice. I want to interject that the actual first presses on mega force for the first 3 go for about double that, but the 2nd presses on Elektra are comparable and cost about what you were saying. I'm sure that was what you were referring to, just wanted to clarify a bit.

Actually, if you look for a bit, the megaforce can be had for around $30. I didnt pay more than $35 for any of the first 4.

Damn, good on you then. I've been on the lookout for a while and haven't been able to come across any for near that price. I've had a tough time lately even finding vg+ or better copies of Elektra stuff for under $30 in the last year or so.

Dont settle for anyrhing less than EX cond. I found AJFA and MoP at a local shop for $25 each. Also the Whiplash and Harvester of Sorrow 12" EPs for $20 each. The Creeping Death (red) I found for $30 locally also. Cant remember where I found the others.

I never would. I'm just commenting on the conditions and prices I've seen.

I've been looking on discogs, eBay, at locals, and private sellers. Seems like you got some pretty solid deals.

TBA is the hardest original press to find and was probably the biggest pressing. Last few I've seen have been close to or over $100.

I think the Simply Vinyl edition is widely regarded as the best Pressing of TBA...........Seems odd that its the highest seller with a price tag like that.....seems silly.........The Warner/Universal Pressing is worth getting if $$ are a concern.......but i have said that a couple of times