Make your own LP and 7" mailers for free

I'm all about sticking it to the man whenever possible, but the reality here is that a proper mailer only costs some pocket change.

I sure as shit would prefer that sellers don't try to get all crazy and Macguyver an LP mailer. Half of the people on this board can't use the proper form of "there" let alone understand the structural integrity required to survive a cross-country pummeling of the USPS.

If it's a label/seller filling hundreds of orders, then yeah, people would be allowed to expect they use a proper mailer. But if it's just an individual/band sending out the occasional record here and there then I think it's more than acceptable for them to use whatever cardboard bits and pieces they can find.

Besides, those thin cardboard envelope mailers (that UK sellers/labels use) and easy-open mailers (as used by Sub Pop and Amazon) are way worse than taping a record up in cardboard from all my experiences.

I'm all about sticking it to the man whenever possible, but the reality here is that a proper mailer only costs some pocket change.

I sure as shit would prefer that sellers don't try to get all crazy and Macguyver an LP mailer. Half of the people on this board can't use the proper form of "there" let alone understand the structural integrity required to survive a cross-country pummeling of the USPS.

This.

Id be pissed if an LP I ordered came in some homemade box.

Besides, those thin cardboard envelope mailers (that UK sellers/labels use) and easy-open mailers (as used by Sub Pop and Amazon) are way worse than taping a record up in cardboard from all my experiences.

I agree the UK mailers are garbage but I've grown quite fond of the Amazon style ones and think they offer really good protection; am I in the minority here?

I have received more fucked up records in mailers from people who don't know how to pack a record in a mailer properly than I have records being sent in taped up cardboard.

Seriously, the old wrap the record in newspaper, slap between two 12.5x12.5 sheets of thick cardboard and tape up is a classic that rarely fails.

Just wanted to chime back in and say it took a neighbor gently pointing out to me many years ago that he  was going to return a dubbed VHS of a movie back to me when finished, as to keep it and not buy the movie if he liked it enough to watch multiple times would violate his conscience re: stealing.

I probably stole more music back in the 80s in record club 'co-ops' we had in college than many in the digital age. 

I didn't mean to come across preachy, but my words were pretty blunt, as it was like a 2 x 4 hitting me when the light came on many years ago by the well-meaning pastor.

And we are not vigilantes about it. Just parents raising kids.

And I recycle mailers --except for Austin's --I enshrine those babies! :)

I`ve sent and received plenty of diy mailers over the years and i got negative response once and i gave some bad comments maybe 2-3 times ,(dude sent me an lp once in a padded envelope without any protection, and i got 2 poorly packaged diy mailers).

I do agree that if you send out 50+ records in a month that`s time consuming to have mailers ready than spend 10-15 mins with diy mailers.

I don`t care how bad the diy mailer looks  as long is padded enough and won`t damage the records inside.

If you have 5 records to send out to 5 adress and you don`t want to order 10-25-50 mailers to make it worth and cheap, but to buy 1 mailer in your local shop for $3 it`s not worth it then DIY is the best solution.

That`s my 2 cents.

I`ve sent and received plenty of diy mailers over the years and i got negative response once and i gave some bad comments maybe 2-3 times ,(dude sent me an lp once in a padded envelope without any protection, and i got 2 poorly packaged diy mailers).

I do agree that if you send out 50+ records in a month that`s time consuming to have mailers ready than spend 10-15 mins with diy mailers.

I don`t care how bad the diy mailer looks  as long is padded enough and won`t damage the records inside.

If you have 5 records to send out to 5 adress and you don`t want to order 10-25-50 mailers to make it worth and cheap, but to buy 1 mailer in your local shop for $3 it`s not worth it then DIY is the best solution.

That`s my 2 cents.

You dont order LPs online? Im surprised so many people need to make the Mailers. I would think you would have some laying around from mail orders in the past.

You dont order LPs online? Im surprised so many people need to make the Mailers. I would think you would have some laying around from mail orders in the past.

yes i do sometimes but i am more like a record store visitor guy.If i do order  order a lot and i get usually those bigger record mailers for like 25 records.Thing is I sell more than i buy in the last year or so.

Just buy 50 mailers and save some for later. Easier and faster!

At some point you have to recognize that you're working twice as hard to avoid spending some change. Especially if you are selling more than you're buying.

Also, let's remind everyone about the thread where people were losing their shit over the grading of records and demanding refunds - I would like to ensure that they arrive as they were mailed to avoid those situations as well.

Just buy 50 mailers and save some for later. Easier and faster!

At some point you have to recognize that you're working twice as hard to avoid spending some change. Especially if you are selling more than you're buying.

Also, let's remind everyone about the thread where people were losing their shit over the grading of records and demanding refunds - I would like to ensure that they arrive as they were mailed to avoid those situations as well.

Yeah, that`s what i`m doing now.Then again if i have to mail out like 3 lps and some 7"s in  one box and i want them wrap around with bubble wrap and add extra cardboards i can`t fit them in these mailers....so back to diy again to satisfy myself that i made a perfect packaging and the buyer also, Evil evil circle i have to tell you haha.