Fallout Discussion: “76”

Wahhooo!!!

Tomorrow i'm setting the 360 back up and starting a new campaign for NV. Never have I sided with Caesar's Legion, so I may try that out. Also, with the timing of this vinyl release - is it fair to say that an unveiling for FO4 is gonna happen at E3, or am I speculating too much?

this should be used more often as well.

9qaebm.jpg

Wahhooo!!!

Tomorrow i'm setting the 360 back up and starting a new campaign for NV. Never have I sided with Caesar's Legion, so I may try that out. Also, with the timing of this vinyl release - is it fair to say that an unveiling for FO4 is gonna happen at E3, or am I speculating too much?

Caesar's questline wasn't too bad. Not much different than the others. A lot of load times due to the fact of having to fast travel to "the Fort" every time you finish a quest. I feel that I enjoyed it more than the other ones though. Completely annihilating a certain faction was definitely a great highlight.

I can't imagine they won't. Bethesda has their own press conference this year. But they only have 4  projects they could possibly announce. Wolfenstein, Dishonored 2 (rumored), Elder Scrolls 6, and Fallout 4. Wolfenstein has already been announced, Dishonored 2 is just speculated and would no way be big enough to justify an entire unveiling during their panel. They can't afford to take any attention away from Elder Scrolls Online with a new Elder Scrolls so soon. So Fallout is the only one that makes sense. And if it for some reason isn't. WE RIOT.

I can't imagine they won't. Bethesda has their own press conference this year. But they only have 4  projects they could possibly announce. Wolfenstein, Dishonored 2 (rumored), Elder Scrolls 6, and Fallout 4. Wolfenstein has already been announced, Dishonored 2 is just speculated and would no way be big enough to justify an entire unveiling during their panel. They can't afford to take any attention away from Elder Scrolls Online with a new Elder Scrolls so soon. So Fallout is the only one that makes sense. And if it for some reason isn't. WE RIOT.

No way in hell we are getting another Wolfenstein announced already. They just announced Old Blood. Dishonored I can see, Elder Scrolls possibly but they still have Elder Scrolls Online to roll out for consoles so that wouldnt make sense marketing wise to flood the market with two ES games. Everything is leading to Fallout. Rumors of Boston and what not. It just makes sense. Worst case scenario they announce it this year and doesnt come out until next year sometime.

Caesar's questline wasn't too bad. Not much different than the others. A lot of load times due to the fact of having to fast travel to "the Fort" every time you finish a quest. I feel that I enjoyed it more than the other ones though. Completely annihilating a certain faction was definitely a great highlight.

Even with siding with the NCR or House, i've always never made it out of "The Fort" alive, no matter how hard I've tried. So as a form of respect and many many many hours of frustration, realized maybe they are worthy even if they are caniving bastards in silly outfits.

And agreed with the above sentiments. Just way too much is going on to NOT announce it. I wouldn't mind an optional co-op (2 person max) as kind of a tag team as a side activity, but never never never part of the main story.

Side note : Dishonored was an absolute bore for me. Didn't even make it to 25 hours.

No way in hell we are getting another Wolfenstein announced already. They just announced Old Blood. Dishonored I can see, Elder Scrolls possibly but they still have Elder Scrolls Online to roll out for consoles so that wouldnt make sense marketing wise to flood the market with two ES games. Everything is leading to Fallout. Rumors of Boston and what not. It just makes sense. Worst case scenario they announce it this year and doesnt come out until next year sometime.

I didn't know Old Blood wasn't a "full" game. That's what I meant about a new Wolfenstein. And I would settle for any news whatsoever. But yeah, everything seems to lead to Fallout. So hyped for June.

Even with siding with the NCR or House, i've always never made it out of "The Fort" alive, no matter how hard I've tried. So as a form of respect and many many many hours of frustration, realized maybe they are worthy even if they are caniving bastards in silly outfits.

And agreed with the above sentiments. Just way too much is going on to NOT announce it. I wouldn't mind an optional co-op (2 person max) as kind of a tag team as a side activity, but never never never part of the main story.

Besides the whole morality standpoint of it all, in the Wasteland, the Legion's way of running things seems the most logical to me. And oh, believe me, that faction I mentioned. Will make attacking the Fort seem like a cakewalk. 

Co-op would be cool. But I agree. Keep it separate from the main story. Don't know how they would work V.A.T.S into it though.

Side note : Dishonored was an absolute bore for me. Didn't even make it to 25 hours.

I dont know. As each year goes on E3 gets even more boring and methodical. They could hold out past E3. I just dont know about a release this fall without an announcement already. I bought dishonored on a steam sale and never mustered enough interest to start it, so theres that. 

Co-op would be cool but wouldnt be a big deal breaker for me. I'd rather them put full effort into campaign rather then screw around with multiplayer features.

I didn't know Old Blood wasn't a "full" game. That's what I meant about a new Wolfenstein. And I would settle for any news whatsoever. But yeah, everything seems to lead to Fallout. So hyped for June.

There supposedly is enough content to consider a full game (from the previews). But yea coming off of New Order and then this standalone game/prequel/DLC I would say we wont see another one for a while.

It makes sense. Honestly unless they have been working on a new IP or scraped their initial Fallout 4 build to rework it for the new hardware; then I cant see what else they would be working on.

Also, with the timing of this vinyl release - is it fair to say that an unveiling for FO4 is gonna happen at E3, or am I speculating too much?

What vinyl release where? whose taking my money?

Also this dude on NeoGAF who is right like 99.9999% said its fallout related.

And the fact that this is their first ever E3 presentation means SOMETHING big.

the most annoying thing about siding with caesar in NV was trying to do anything at all related to the NCR. made trading a bitch at times and you lose out on that 100% repair guy at the one outpost. make sure you snag a uniform off a dead soldier - it'll give you a little extra time before they figure out who you are.

i do not have a next gen console yet but i will buy one for FO4. FO has edged out bioshock as my favorite franchise of games.

I love you peebs.

Fallout is one of my favorite series ever. I might just start a new NV story just because of this thread.

And ugh, cannot wait for Fallout 4.

How did everyone get into Fallout?

My story is that I was at Gamestop and I was browsing some games. I saw Farcry 2 and thought it looked pretty cool, so I go to buy it.

As I go to the register, I look up at a shelf and I see a little lunchbox. Then I read "Fallout 3" on the front.

I suddenly get intrigued because I saw some E3 footage of it and specifically remember the V.A.T.S. gameplay, and ask the dude behind the counter: "Hey, what's better: Farcry 2 or Fallout 3?"

Dude goes: "Psh, dude.. Fallout 3. So much better."

Luckily that won me over and I bought it.

Been a fan boy ever since, lol.

How did everyone get into Fallout?

I've always been aware of the series. I had saved up a bunch of $5 Xbox Live gift cards from Bing and one sale they had both Fallout's for $5 each. Very fun games, and I though Skyrim was addictive!

But the music is a plus for me. Metalcore and oldies are my favorite genres! So stoked on a possible vinyl release.